LCHF

HelenMW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spiders, peas and most of all diabetes!
Woohoo! Started LCHF on Saturday (3 days ago) and BG down already from 8.0 to 6.3. Also lost 1 and a quarter pounds in weight. Absolutely delighted with myself and with the LCHF plan. Starting to think I can really do this!

Reactions: 14 people

urbanracer

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being able to eat as many chocolate digestives as I used to.
Wicked! That's amazing @HelenMW , keep it up.

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Woohoo! Started LCHF on Saturday (3 days ago) and BG down already from 8.0 to 6.3. Also lost 1 and a quarter pounds in weight. Absolutely delighted with myself and with the LCHF plan. Starting to think I can really do this!
Well done thus far, Helen. This style of eating really works well for many folks on this site.

Keep going!

Reactions: 6 people

MrDieselx

Keep it up. I'm on week 3,bloods down from 15 to 5-6 with no insulin anymore. Got keytones but this good as it means my body is burning the fat. Managed to loose over a stone in weight to. Only thing I've noticed is headaches and mood swings for the 1st 2 or so weeks lol. Keep it up.

Reactions: 7 people

pleinster

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
ignorance

Good for you, Helen. LCHF really put me back in control. I'd recommend recording what you eat alongside readings (before and 2.5 hours after) as it helps you see patterns emerge and it arms you with evidence to hit your GP over the head with (if required). Good luck.

Reactions: 5 people