Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Hils72

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mine was 8 this morning. Decided that I am going to test myself for a week (starting at weekend) and take that to the GP and see what they say! Not accepting their no you don't have diabetes when I had an hba1c of 49 down to 43 8 weeks later

Reactions: 23 people

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
5.9. fbg today and a sore throat to go with the painful chest, my blood readings were all high yesterday with the infections sorry for moaning. Have a good day :)

Reactions: 16 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Fbg 4.9 after sorting out lergy boy. Awake most of the night with toddler refusing temperature lowing calpol. Matchstickes on eyes at mo. Ha ha Not a pretty sight. :oldman: ha ha
Very happy with regularly good fbgs even if it has come at a price. :wacky:

Reactions: 19 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
="13lizanne, post: 1067885, member: 202637"]5.9. fbg today and a sore throat to go with the painful chest, my blood readings were all high yesterday with the infections sorry for moaning. Have a good day :)
Hope it passes quickly. Keep warm and plenty of hot drinks. Hugs galore!

Reactions: 7 people

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

Up to 6.3 today. Work this morning, then off on a naughty boys course this afternoon.

Will be glad to get that out of the way....

Reactions: 28 people

Larissima

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.8 this morning. This week my FBGs have shot up and I can't see why! Some detective work needed.

Reactions: 20 people

maisiepug

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
idiots who think they know everything but they really know nothing
7.2 this morning but been up and around for an hour before taking it so might have some reason for it because I was really good yesterday and hoped it would be lower. Not doing very well though at the moment and creeping up on average to 7.8 so should really get more control or else Dr has threatened me with drugs which I do not want.

Reactions: 15 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
5.9. fbg today and a sore throat to go with the painful chest, my blood readings were all high yesterday with the infections sorry for moaning. Have a good day :)
Aww hugs from me Anna, make sure you put your feet up and have plenty of hot drinks

Reactions: 10 people

Lorraine deer

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Big crowds
6.9 this snowy morning, numbers a bit to high for my liking so going to fast today for the first time that hasn't been a pre surgery nil by mouth

Reactions: 19 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys sorry, I have not been around for a few days the internet has been down fasting blood levels have been below 4 both yesterday morning and this morning. So have woken up with a headache. Evening blood sugars have been high. Not sure what is causing the lows, so am going to talk to DN.
Sorry to hear about your infection Lizanne, hope you feel better soon. I am off to Immunology clinic at Kings this afternoon so will find out if I have got any bugs.

Reactions: 17 people

loulou99782

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi lizanne I know what the painful chest feels like my lungs just go really heavy feeling and spasm in the cold. Think the infection has flared up again cause am coughing up yuk. Hope you feel better soon olbas oil or steam inhalation might help. Have to seen a doctor about the chest pain

Reactions: 14 people

Liam1955

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anti-Gay People, Self Centre People, Two Faced People and Bad Language.
Morning All = 17/2/16.

5.8 at 8.55am - (ok);)

Reactions: 22 people

peony50

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all,

9.1 this morning, still too high but better than the last few days. Yesterday I managed a fully LCHF day, the first one in months so that is a positive.

Hope all those who are feeling sick feel better very soon.

Reactions: 21 people