Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Hi Cumberland,i believe you are T1, and i am T2, and thats the important bit, my bs's have never risen above 4.0 am fasting now since i hit my target weight of 12st 12 lbs and 2hrs after dinner 6.8mmols or under. I have never experienced any kind of hypo or hyper...since diagnoses nearly three years ago,only thing i did get was neuropathy of the feet. And the usual thirst and peeing in the night...but all that ceased upon getting bs's under 5.5 mmols about 18 months ago...you would be surprised if you knew how strict i am with my food portions and exercise regime..which helps a great deal...this forum and the great posters are my lifeline..and the Great Dr Richard Bernstein[emoji45
If there is anything i can help you with please pm me very best wishes clive
Clive I'm T2 and get that hypo feeling deffo under 4 and sometimes 4 to 4.5

Reactions: 7 people

Stallen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Grumpy folk
Good morning,

BG 6.1 @03:15. And 5.8 @06:30 no DP since I've been having my tasty pre bedtime snack, of fenugreek seeds, olive oil and cider vinegar and a small smoothie.

Even my averages are good considering 2 recent colds and an infection.
7 day average 6.4
14 day average 7.2
30 day averag 7.2

Reactions: 17 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
A 9.0 this morning due to not enough insulin with a low carb supper. Figures crept up all day.
Today is a new day. 3rd day of very very low carbing. Canagliflozin did more than I thought. :confused:

Reactions: 23 people

Jamrox

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Mushrooms
Garlic bread
Walking up steep hills
Hi jamrox, its to get a true fasting figure before your body starts releasing glucose , as you wake and before you move around too much which causes your body to release more glucose.clive

Thanks @Clivethedrive. I've tried it this morning and hasn't made much difference 5.7.
Tomorrow I'll test it as soon as I wake up . Happy with 5.7 though .

Reactions: 21 people

KimG

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OMG 4.9 this morning! Only achieved once before, I'm ecstatic!! :):D:happy:. Have a good day all! :joyful:

Reactions: 18 people

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
7.2 this morning - getting there

Reactions: 28 people