Hi to all,

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
I have been to see diabetes nurse at hosp n she says my bloodsugars are not at target even with an A1c of 7.5
she has requested blood sugar are in the red zone and i need more help from xultropy a new diabetes med mixed with laraglutide .

But what if i put more weight on wiv it ugh.
She is going to let me know what they decide to do and send me for an earlier appointment.

Diligent500

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
Forget the weight for the time being. Test, report, diet and habits

Reactions: 3 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Hi @Diligent500

I agree with @Mike D .

You are in a position to take control of this yourself. You need to self test. If you don't have a meter you should buy one and test your levels before and after meals to see what impact they have on your levels and adjust your diet accordingly. I'm not in the UK but I seem to recall a codefree meter is one of the cheapest for strips etc and I'm sure you can search the forum for best/cheapest meters.

If you have one or when you get one report your results on here and you will get heaps of feedback and may even help you avoid or reduce the time you are on the medication

Cheers

Reactions: 3 people

andyolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Doctors telling me to take tablets
I have been to see diabetes nurse at hosp n she says my bloodsugars are not at target even with an A1c of 7.5
she has requested blood sugar are in the red zone and i need more help from xultropy a new diabetes med mixed with laraglutide .

But what if i put more weight on wiv it ugh.
She is going to let me know what they decide to do and send me for an earlier appointment.

Diligent500
Hi. I think Muzza has a good point it is your diabetes so take back some control. Use the medical profession advice as advice. Eat test, record, adjust. Read as much as you can off this site its really help me. Good Luck

Reactions: 2 people