Three months in and 2nd blood results in

Jacfburcham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
d458d5de1a647c0e46834f75896a088d.jpg
Great news hbA1c down to 41 from 114 in December doctor is really impressed and confirmed no need for medication. Just continue on Lchf diet. I have now lost 19kg (42lb) and now go to gym for half an hour twice a week, aqua fit once a week and walk at the weekend. Thanks for all your support just wanted everyone to share in my good news. I feel great.

Reactions: 10 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
very well done

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Yay .. good for you - lets us all know that it is possible. :)

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
Superb.
What 3 pieces of advice would you give/what are the 3 most important lessons you have learned?

hugs

Reactions: 4 people

Jacfburcham

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
3 tips, cut out all rice, pasta, bread, potatoes for the first few weeks. Get BG down, mine went down quick. Then test bloods and reintroduce small amounts, see what makes your levels go up, I cannot have potatoes, rice or pasta, BG over up. Remember that this is a marathon and not a sprint, this is not a diet but a way of leaving, for me personally I see sugar as a poison that could take me away from those I love now and will love in the future ( hopefully my gran kids)

Reactions: 7 people

muzza3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cauliflower pretending to be rice and any vegetable pretending to be pasta
Great news hbA1c down to 41 from 114 in December doctor is really impressed and confirmed no need for medication. Just continue on Lchf diet
That is a sensational result. You should be very proud of the hard work that went in to achieve it. Congratulations

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
Wow that's impressive ! Your Dr. is one of the enlightened ones saying to stick to the LCHF way of eating, would that other ones and Diabetic Nurses had his approach.

Grungysquash

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Well done - you've cracked the secret - low carb and exercise. I've only dropped 10kg and HbA1c is 45 from 107 in Feb - hoping to be like u in 3 months with lower results and removal of meds - we just need to change diet and get some exercise!