Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Morning, well for the first time in two weeks of testing, my bg just now was:

Not low y any means, but previous morning readings have indicated 11, 12 and 13.

Plus, considering I had the finest pizza and garlic wheel from Waitrose last night (late home as I visit Mum every night after work), my son and I shared the both between us. Plus I had 6 very small squares of Cadbury fruit and night and 3 squares of my son's cadbury choc which had daim bar bits in it. Not the way to go as I had fish and chips the night before, 2 bad days. But that's how it is.

I don't know how it turns out low (for me) following that meal.
Maybe your total carbs are lower so made an improvement. I get delayed carb affects.. once your carbs are lower you will get a sustained improved fbg and daily excellent bgs. Fbg is normally the last to stabilize.
I've been where you are and the changes needed are hard but not impossible. You can do this. Do one meal at a time, there is no hurray. In fact the longer it takes to become a new routine the more the good eating habit will last. Some use the hf of lchf to satisfy the low carb loss of high sugary food. It stops the carb cravings. I wish you the best! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 people

Rul2m

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.6 just got my meter. Had to read through the instructions to find out how it works and had a couple of hiccups doing my first test on it hence me doing it at this time. I'll get better at it honest! Lol

Reactions: 11 people

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Yey, great FBG @ickihun :happy::happy::happy:
Thanks @PenfoldAPD . Kids back to school tuesday so I'll be back to angelic eating habits ;) Looking forward to more less meds. I've reduced half of my thyroid meds. I couldnt suffer the hyperthyroidism any longer. GP thought i would lose weight but no. Not even after 3 months of it being high.

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.7 from soggy Yorkshire....

Really starting to miss my Spanish 4s :(

Reactions: 12 people

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
7.6 just got my meter. Had to read through the instructions to find out how it works and had a couple of hiccups doing my first test on it hence me doing it at this time. I'll get better at it honest! Lol

I got mine on Thursday. After a few abortive attempts and feeling like a pin-cushion I am now officially an expert. All my family want to test.....

Reactions: 6 people

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
4.8 this Saturday morning which kind of surprises me. Never had a 4 before. Will see what tomorrow brings. Happy weekend everyone.

Reactions: 8 people

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Don't be.

I would have been glad of a reading like that in the first 3 months after I was Diagnosed.

My HbA1c went from 88 to 32 in those 3 months, but I rarely got a FBG level below 6 during that period. It is usually the last reading to drop.

Thanks for the encouragement. My post meal readings are good. Just not getting the fasting result low enough yet. However, only been on LCHF for a week. I realise it is a marathon not a sprint.

Reactions: 6 people

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I don't think there is any particular reason though the one in Type 2 that is the sticky thread is meant to be just the numbers no discussion and the other I believe in diabetes discussions is a little more relaxed about what is posted and some users have posted their numbers in type 2 life as well or instead of the other two forum threads. I post in both threads for continuity as I started out doing so more or less by accident mistaking one for the other.

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was 13.5. Terrible I know. I got carried away on PB on whole wheat crackers late last night.

I normally have been 10.1 to 10.3 at the same time in the mornings.

Still looking forward to dying with both my feet.

Diagnosis recent and whittled it down from 41.5.....so have had my obvious challenges.

Dax, may I ask if your 41.5 was from blood from your arm, sent to the lab, or a finger prick test, onto a strip, as you do at home yourself?

Reactions: 2 people