Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

D

debrasue

Thank you - it's been hard giving up my sweets but it has to be done. Sad part was I wasn't even surprised when I was diagnosed (5 things making me predisposed to it - over 40, overweight, thyroid problems, on long term steroids, autoimmune problems). Its still a steep learning curve though (and I wish people would keep their germs to themselves - my boss has given me his cold which has sent my levels up to over 6 - so not impressed!)
Oh, I can relate to that too!
Our compromised immune systems mean that we're often predisposed to get everything that's going, and I admit to occasionally wanting to inflict violence on people who cough or sneeze into my face!! :mad:

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
:arghh::(
Oh, I can relate to that too!
Our compromised immune systems mean that we're often predisposed to get everything that's going, and I admit to occasionally wanting to inflict violence on people who cough or sneeze into my face!! :mad:
Ain't that the truth - it's bad enough that I'm on steroids (and then when I get an infection I have the usual battle to get antibiotics - I usually pull out the MG card (myasthenia gravis) which tends to sort the problem. My boss has been wheezing for the last week (which is painful to listen to to start off with - but I think between him and the AC in the office, he's probably passed it round to quite a few!). Hey ho, such is life.

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Afraid So ickihun!:(

Maybe you want to post in the 'what you are' post to check your LCHF routine is ok. I'm not saying it isn't (please don't take offence!) but when I started I was often caught out by hidden carbs. It does also take a while to get the BG down.

Reactions: Freema

Trescoe1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
but when I started I was often caught out by hidden carbs. It does also take a while to get the BG down.

I have been reading a few of the previous posts with interest in particular “abut when I started I was often caught out by hidden carbs” Could you give me a few examples I should look out for

Reactions: Freema