Low Carb and Exercise!

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I think what you're doing is great - start slow and build up....that's my plan, but starting at the gym on a treadmill because I'm so unfit and scared of walking in public in case I get too breathless! I'm anaemic so am tired a lot of the time, but am on meds and am definitely getting better. I've got my first full session at the gym tomorrow - my trainer seems lovely and doesn't want me to do too much too fast. Last time I was there he only allowed me to do 10 minutes on the treadmill before sending me home. I have a feeling I'll be doing more than that tomorrow :eek: lol
How did you do at the gym @BeadieJay?:)

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
This morning My bike ride
d09b26a52a5628991dc326b4509bab13.jpg
well done Blobby007. I will be sticking to my little cycling gadget I think:)

BeadieJay

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
How did you do at the gym @BeadieJay?:)
Aw, thank you for asking :) It went really well. There were two other ladies there. We'd all been referred by our GP so will have a personal trainer for a few weeks. He's put us in a group of about 6 others. It was so nice having the ladies there because we chatted on the treadmill and gave each other encouragement. We're meeting up next Thursday for our next session (the trainer doesn't want us coming in more than once a week to begin with - which suits me for now!!!)

How are you doing? x

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Aw, thank you for asking :) It went really well. There were two other ladies there. We'd all been referred by our GP so will have a personal trainer for a few weeks. He's put us in a group of about 6 others. It was so nice having the ladies there because we chatted on the treadmill and gave each other encouragement. We're meeting up next Thursday for our next session (the trainer doesn't want us coming in more than once a week to begin with - which suits me for now!!!)

How are you doing? x
Physically not bad although I have a bad back today..did something in the car as I got out and it started it off :( Diabetically not so good...BS is up and down but at the moment more down than up. You could say I am getting there! x

DumfriesDik

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbs
I may have mentioned that my exercise of choice is paddling. And here is my playground:

29562489055_3eef74d317_z.jpg

Any exercise is good, but if you can do something that takes your mind off the exercise the time flies by. Falling in takes my mind off the exercise!

Reactions: enzina

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
I may have mentioned that my exercise of choice is paddling. And here is my playground:

29562489055_3eef74d317_z.jpg

Any exercise is good, but if you can do something that takes your mind off the exercise the time flies by. Falling in takes my mind off the exercise!
LOLOLOL That is soooo funny @DumfriesDik

BeadieJay

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Physically not bad although I have a bad back today..did something in the car as I got out and it started it off :( Diabetically not so good...BS is up and down but at the moment more down than up. You could say I am getting there! x
Ouch, you have my sympathies re the bad back. I suffer from that sometimes and it's not pleasant. Keep up the good work with the BS - I sometimes think it'll be a lifelong battle, but we can win it xx

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
ellagy,

Taken some photos during my recent walks. The good weather really helps.

GknK9yU.jpg

1PTkxS5.jpg

uhQGsMx.jpg

dDeAwdW.jpg

e1DRxop.jpg

gbcTrTu.jpg

Reactions: doc007

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Busy in the morning. Decided to try a big walk in the afternoon on a fasting day.

I found that i couldnt walk as quickly as i normally do. I also ran out of steam at around 17km, when i can normally reach 21km+. It could also be cumulative fatigue. Will test BG before bed to check.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Busy in the morning. Decided to try a big walk in the afternoon on a fasting day.

I found that i couldnt walk as quickly as i normally do. I also ran out of steam at around 17km, when i can normally reach 21km+. It could also be cumulative fatigue. Will test BG before bed to check.
Those are lovely pics @jonbvn I forget where the castle is...did you say in an earlier post:)

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Not been exercising this week as back and leg has been aching. I have now got and bike thingy and cant do that either...:( meep!

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
FBG 15.9 this morning.......! Just 'walked' 2 kilometres on my exercise machine. (one that I can exercise sitting in my chair) Did the last 300m lifting my arms to my shoulders. Took 76+ minutes and burnt off 36 calories exactly! I imagined the walk to the nearest shop, didn't stop for a bar of anything and walked back slightly faster. Of course, I ironed out the hills doing it this way ;)

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
And some more!

dFSwbuS.jpg

uPU3G65.jpg

hplW5q3.jpg

G3lIuKF.jpg
I wish my walk at the moment was so interesting - mine is 25 minutes walk to work through Manchester City Centre (avoiding being run over by students, cars and bicycles!

jonbvn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am lucky at the moment. However i will be back in work come the weekend. Then i will have to fit in my exercise as best i can.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
FBG 15.9 this morning.......! Just 'walked' 2 kilometres on my exercise machine. (one that I can exercise sitting in my chair) Did the last 300m lifting my arms to my shoulders. Took 76+ minutes and burnt off 36 calories exactly! I imagined the walk to the nearest shop, didn't stop for a bar of anything and walked back slightly faster. Of course, I ironed out the hills doing it this way ;)

That is a huge achievement! I hope you are celebrating. :)
We have had rain this morning and lunch, so no dog walk :(
I'm not a fair weather walker, but the dogs are. The nightmare of getting mud and salt and those bloomin grass seeds out of their knickers makes for a very entertaining evening! Although they love the pampering. lol. We usually walk daily, just not when it is raining, and we pick our routes to allow for these various 'natural disasters' lol. Luckily we have the choice of beaches, fields, woods, parks and road walking, so there is almost always one option for the prevailing conditions.

ellagy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
That is a huge achievement! I hope you are celebrating. :)
We have had rain this morning and lunch, so no dog walk :(
I'm not a fair weather walker, but the dogs are. The nightmare of getting mud and salt and those bloomin grass seeds out of their knickers makes for a very entertaining evening! Although they love the pampering. lol. We usually walk daily, just not when it is raining, and we pick our routes to allow for these various 'natural disasters' lol. Luckily we have the choice of beaches, fields, woods, parks and road walking, so there is almost always one option for the prevailing conditions.
Oh @Brunneria.... was just taking a bite of my lunch when I read this..... I nearly choked on it! I feel your pain re the grass seeds. My three only have to stand on the top step and they are loaded! What are your two?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
:)

Two Shih Tzus. They are not in full coat, but they have fluffy trousers and are rather low slung, so whereas other breeds walk above the long grass, my two do snow plough impressions. :D

What are yours?