Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
9.0 this morning - not good! I think it may be because I've spent all weekend going in a hot sweat (that cold has obviously not given up on me - flamin' thing!). Did my usual 20/25 minute walk to work this morning and had to sit down part way through - felt like a rung out rag - decidedly limp! Cream crackered - though on the upside today the boss is working from home so he can only torment me by email instead of in person - thankfully!

That reading was a bit of a shocker - not had one like that since I was recently diagnosed. Just shows how something can make your levels spike.

Reactions: Prem51
A

asparagusp

Could just be a blip. Faulty test strip, sugar on your finger, too much blood on the test strip. Don't panic!

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
A friend of mine (who is Insulin dependent) said to me to keep taking paracetomol every 4 hours. She said herself it'll be the cold doing it (and as I'm typing I can feel my temp going up!). She had already told me that when she's ill her sugars go crackers. Either way, not fun - I think an early night with a hot water bottle is in order to try and knock the thing on the head. Oh the joys of going into the colder weather!

Keesha

Type of diabetes
Type 2
5.6 this morning after a glass of very cold beer and chicken breast with roasted cauliflower/mushroom dinner.

Trescoe1975

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You did eat last night Trescoe? lol With a reading like that I would have been worried about a hip during the night!
Had a brunch, full English fry up with friends but no hash brown) watched the AB's play Argentina and a late salad so I missed a meal so to speak

Reactions: debrasue
D

Deleted member 308541

I got into the big league, I got a 5.8 reading this morning. I just hope I can keep this up.