Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

Tim55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Rap and hip - hop
Morning All

5.3 for me yesterday morning, so the abstinence from alcohol does not seem to have had a major effect on my FBG level.

Did not take a Metformin yesterday morning and fasting from 07.30, can't even sip water after 11.00.

More worryingly, I seem to have developed a slight sniffle overnight, which might mean they postpone the job when I get there.....

Somehow, forgot to post this yesterday - must have had something else on my mind.

Update - arthroscopy carried out under spinal anaesthetic, due to concerns over my liver function. Afternoon result was 6.1.

Still no alcohol or Metformin last night, and force fed white toast and ginger biscuits in hospital before being allowed to leave.

FBG this morning not too bad at 6.1 and now back on 2 metformin per day, still on painkillers though.

Tanis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Or increased protein? If you're not obese it is good to have healthy portions of protein. Protein can raise bgs too thou. It's getting a healthy balance on low carb. Pluck away as it will get perfected for you. ;)
I suppose i could be classed as obese. I lost 5 st. on Atkins a few years back so know it will work for me. I did put it all back on though:arghh:

Reactions: Prem51

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
One early night later, and I did a bit of an experiment. I read somewhere about using apple cider vinegar to combat high blood sugars. So I gave it a try last night. Two tablespoons of ACV with 8 oz. of warm water. My fasting bloods this morning were 4.8 - so much better than the 9 from yesterday. I'm out with a friend tonight for dinner (and you can bet I won't resist having a few chips), so came prepared with my ACV. We shall see what my readings are tomorrow! (No dessert on the menu though - I don't crave that - weirdly enough!)

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
7.6 today, I was so wound up by that Panorama programme I ate half a bar of 85% chocolate!
The sad part is that Panorama programme is likely just the tip of the iceberg. My sister is a podiatrist and deals regularly with diabetic clinics. Some of the horror stories she tells of diabetic ulcers are just dreadful. She also has a friend of hers who she has known since school days that has lost a leg below the knee because of the vascular problems caused by her diabetes being uncontrolled.
Food (metaphorical!) for thought!

Reactions: Prem51

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The sad part is that Panorama programme is likely just the tip of the iceberg. My sister is a podiatrist and deals regularly with diabetic clinics. Some of the horror stories she tells of diabetic ulcers are just dreadful. She also has a friend of hers who she has known since school days that has lost a leg below the knee because of the vascular problems caused by her diabetes being uncontrolled.
Food (metaphorical!) for thought!

The sad part for me is that many people take little responsibility for their own health and blame others. I've had this arguement before so won't labour the point LOL, I know many people have tough times but you have to take care of yourself.

Maybe losing my leg (above the knee) to cancer when I was 19 has made me super aware of health concerns.

Anyway, stay well - keep looking after yourself!