What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

A

asparagusp

For the second morning in a row I woke up with a clammy back but this time two hours later, around 6am old time, and took two readings, 6.2 and 6.1, so not a hypo. Three hours later, 7.5 and breakfast.

Is that increase Dawn Phenomenon again?

PS I'm very upset by the new Italian earthquake. I adore the country.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.4 but was very high during the night! Up to 17!

where you feeling ill or had a fever ? or did you eat something with very much carbs and fat in the evening before ?

it is very high for a kind of early down phenomenon... so don´t think it was that...

Reactions: SWUSA_

wannabemammy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I was late taking my levemir last night so it was my own fault . I took a tiny bit of fast Acting with it to bring it back to normal this morning.

Reactions: SWUSA_

duckyhenny

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I am only new here have been on metformin for 20 yr. had to start insulin injections 3 weeks ago. I find blood sugars go high after my main meal which is in the evening. Last night my daughter brought me fish and chips and 2 hrs later my sugar was19-4 It's hard not knowing what you can and can't eat. Any help appreciated.

Last edited:

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
I am only new here have been on metformin for 20 yr. had to start insulin injections 3 weeks ago. I find blood sugars go high after my main meal which is in the evening. Last night my daughter brought me fish and chips and 2 hrs later my sugar was19-4 It's hard not knowing what you can and can't eat. Any help appreciated.
How many carbohydrates are in fish and chips? How many carbohydrates can you eat? This section is just for posting your readings with short comment-there is another topic and thread for asking questions (and I know I have violated this rule also) You will get more answers if you post there. I m tagging @daisy1 for you. She will send you some information for people new to the forum.

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
you can get lot of help here in this forum, but it will mean that you do have to stop almost eating things like chips and coated fish...

you should avoid potatoes all breads almost, stay away from fruits, flour , and not eat any sweets or cake of the normal kinds no chokolate, and ordinary sauce... , no sweetened dressings

you can eat avocadoes , nuts , meat , fullfat yoghurt, tomatoes, cucumbers onions, all green salads , kale , beens and alike... and some berries like rasberries , blueberries, strawberries of cause without sugar at all (you could use stevia), but cream is okay.. cottage cheese, cheese and bacon and eggs
raw carrots .....
if you want normal blood glucose you should count how much carbs you eat every day, most if they get under 80 grams are getting much nearer a normal blood glucose, and thereby almost eliminate their risks of so many damaging illnesses that is following most people with uncontrolled diabetes... it is really an illness that needs to be taken serious most every day.. if one do occasionally cheat like one day at a month it is not so bad but if it is most every day and a little all the time... then diabetes is a monster....

but if you are a baker yourself you can get a lot of recipies in here where you can make your own kind of cakes and treats that are of a kind that is okay for diabetics...

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks very much for your help. I will follow your advice . Unfortunately I'm not a baker.

you can find some kind of chokolate totally without added sugar , you can eat some peices of that, but actually there is a litlle carbs in too... so only a small piece

Remember bread and potatoes are equally bad like sugar and honey and syrup except from the vitamins, but vitamins you can also take in a multivitamin-pill only 1 everyday... and then you can concentrate on getting your numbers down and you´ll feel much better very soon...
I am not a baker either and do actually miss bread but I want to become totally healthy .
Lidl has some protein rolls you can eat 1 of everyday, there is only a little cabs in them but still 100 times better than ordinary breads... and what I have heard they taste very fine... i live in Denmark and don´t know if Lidl sell them here..
fish is very fine to eat , just not when turned en rasp and flour.... so you can eat all kind of fish too just not when coated in "bread"

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51