Type 2s: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning? (very low chat level)

MNawaz2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya, it's first time I am posting on here. I have been diagnosed with type 2 now. My morning blood glucose level is 6.8 (usually it's in the 7's or even 8's)But looking at everyone's readings, I think mine's on the higher side. I am newly diagnosed, so need help with what to eat. My blood glucose levels were 6.3 last night, before bed so i had a crumpet. I feel very scared in case I have a hypo during the night. Whats the lowest a blood sugar can be before bed without a chance of having a hypo?

Last edited:

magsiesss

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who drive with fog lights on when its only a bit of mist
Hiya, it's first time I am posting on here. I have been diagnosed with type 2 now. My morning blood glucose level is 6.8 (usually it's in the 7's or even 8's)But looking at everyone's readings, I think mine's on the higher side. I am newly diagnosed, so need help with what to eat. My blood glucose levels were 6.3 last night, before bed so i had a crumpet. I feel very scared in case I have a hypo during the night. Whats the lowest a blood sugar can be before bed without a chance of having a hypo?
I wouldn't worry yet about having a hypo ... but for me I start to go hypo when in the 4's .. perhaps start a thread outside this one where a lot of people will be able to respond properly .... :) ...

MNawaz2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I wouldn't worry yet about having a hypo ... but for me I start to go hypo when in the 4's .. perhaps start a thread outside this one where a lot of people will be able to respond properly .... :) ...
Thankyou @magsiesss for replying. I've just posted in the newly diagnosed section. I had gestational diabetes. I suffered a hypo before I had the glucose tolerance test when I was pregnant, that scared me.

D

debrasue

Welcome to the forum!
@daisy1 tagged and new thread started to get some answers to your questions, entitled Worried about hypos, in Diabetes Discussions, Ask a Question
:)

Nicksu

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Grumpy bosses!
Gulp - 8.0 this morning - how the h*ll did that happen?! (no exercise yesterday and not much sleep will not have helped!)

:eek:

Reactions: Tim55 and Prem51