Unofficially official

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well been to my heart failure nurse today, and was casually told that with my blood sugar results in front of her, I am no longer diabetic .. unofficially !!!!!! as the diabetic team will say I will Always be diabetic ...
She is also really pleased with my heart .. so all is good and I am a happy boy .. got to go back in January to sort out some of my meds .. as I don't need some of them anymore :) This is a very welcome Crimbo present

So advice please .. what do I have to do to change Drs .. is it easy to do ?

Ange G

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's great news that you've kicked diabetes in the face. I don't know about convincing. Good luck with your health, and continue with your progress.

Reactions: Prem51 and Enclave

librarising

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
So advice please .. what do I have to do to change Drs .. is it easy to do ?

Just go to your preferred surgery to make sure they're taking on new patients, and ask to be taken on. They should arrange the transfer of your medical records.

Reactions: Prem51

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just go to your preferred surgery to make sure they're taking on new patients, and ask to be taken on. They should arrange the transfer of your medical records.
Gosh.. is it that easy !!! would have done it years ago LOL (BTW, my heart failure nurse is leaving where I am at the moment, so would like to move to the surgery nearer me)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done @Enclave! :)
And I hope your new GP will be better and more helpful with the blood testing.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I can take no credit for my new found health .. its all down to a very bad first meeting with the DBN.. Finding diabetes.co.uk and the misses determination to count all my carbs and keeping them down to 20g a day, still giving me great plates of food, and YOU .. YES you guys .. for keeping me on my LCHF way of eating. We do eat far more carbs now .. but have found that some foods we just don't like anymore .. pasta for one, mash potato .. and a few other high carb things xxxxxx

Last edited:

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Obviously you and the Mrs Enclave make a great team, she does the counting and you do the eating!

really happy for you! have a good one.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Honestly without the misses I would be in the worst possible place with my blood sugars ,, Its not that I don't want to do the changes .. I just don't have the confidence (had a big lack of confidence since my heart attacks and bypass op) .. the misses on the other hand is used to having to step up to the plate, pun intended.
If I could give anyone advice, try your very best to turn things around with what your eating.. If its not meant to be then at least you know you did try your very best, so will not be regretting things at a later date.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Enclave, this is BRILLIANT news! Well done to you and The Mrs. :D

I'm doing the surgery change too (after wasting too long putting up with a doc who seems to live on planet 'Trust Me, I Am Always Right'). Around here, the process has been delayed by the nearest surgery, the one I want, not taking on new patients for a few months, due to being short staffed. They have me on the waiting list, and I am hanging on. I would rather wait a few months and get in to a surgery 300 yards from the house, than switch docs immediately to a surgery that needs a car, bus or taxi to reach.

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Enclave, this is BRILLIANT news! Well done to you and The Mrs. :D

I'm doing the surgery change too (after wasting too long putting up with a doc who seems to live on planet 'Trust Me, I Am Always Right'). Around here, the process has been delayed by the nearest surgery, the one I want, not taking on new patients for a few months, due to being short staffed. They have me on the waiting list, and I am hanging on. I would rather wait a few months and get in to a surgery 300 yards from the house, than switch docs immediately to a surgery that needs a car, bus or taxi to reach.
I know what you mean, my Drs moved away from us to the other side of town.. I only stayed because my HFN is very good .. s going to change Drs to one that is this side of the town, now my HFN is leaving.