What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.0 and whilst Im posting can anyone point me to an explanation as to why sudden weight loss is a sign of diabetes

if one is very poisoned from hyper-glucose the body can only use the body fat as fuel and in that way people start to loose weight very rapidly and at the same time has a ketonic- acidosis which in the end can be life threatening, (in worst case ending in an anaphylactic chock where all body functions can collaps). at the same time the person pees all the body fluids out of the body ; even the very needed nutrients/minerals/electrolytes; that is as long as the kidneys try to get rid of the excess blood glucose , the kidneys can also stop working from the very heavy load on them working in a far too acid body-invironment and this too can become life threatening...
!!!!!
oh maybe I have confused the two types of diabetes here, maybe the very high ketosis that is so high that it is dangerous to ones body and results in rapid weightloss only occur in those types of diabetes where the insuline isn´t there or where the gland has almost stopped producing insuline..

Last edited:

Naturewalker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rain, cold,
Astonished mine was only 5.5 at 10am. Had a really good new years night celebratory meal....venison plus all the trimmings..! Plus lemon tart and clotted cream for dessert. All washed down with a good quality medium white wine.

LAR

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Astonished mine was only 5.5 at 10am. Had a really good new years night celebratory meal....venison plus all the trimmings..! Plus lemon tart and clotted cream for dessert. All washed down with a good quality medium white wine.
Are you taking medication? Or is this remarkable result JUST diet??