What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
7.1 after long late boozy and quite high carb dinner with friends. Th difference very plain to see compared with the previous day - when I ate at lunch time and drunk at night and ended up with an excellent all day average of 6.4.
Today is my day 1 of my 2017 diet !

Last edited:

Naturewalker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rain, cold,
Are you taking medication? Or is this remarkable result JUST diet??
I am only on 1 x 40 mg gliclazide tablet, usually taken after late afternoon/evening meal. Since being diagnosed back last march, I have generally avoided all the mars bars, crunchies, wine gums that I used to get through on a regular basis..! All shopping done now heads for anything low on sugar, not necessarily low on carbs.
I am also taking 1 x 150mg bicalutamide daily to keep the prostate cancer from returning....

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
If your feeling fatigued and have not eaten for that long it is likely that your liver will have released glucose in order to compensate.

Reactions: KezG

Naturewalker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rain, cold,
If your feeling fatigued and have not eaten for that long it is likely that your liver will have released glucose in order to compensate.
Aha... yes...hit the nail on the head..! I had assumed it was the tramadol, plus ibuprofen tablets taken at 4am that was responsible. Taking these due to painful tingling left leg and both feet that wakes me up. I also take 1 x 10mg nortriptiline before bed to help with the pain. Last night, this obviously wasnt enough, hence the other tabs. I'm due to upgrade to 2 tablets of the nortriptiline at night from tomorrow; then to 3 times a night after another 7 days. Will this upgrade have a better effect on the pain...?? If so, I feel like upgrading to the 3 a night from tonight, instead of waiting....
Used to be on 1 x 25mg amitriptiline at night before this, but told doc it didnt seem to be having much effect, since most nights I needed to supplement with tramadol. So stopped this, and went onto the nortriptiline straightaway.

SWUSA_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Parsnips, turnips, swedes-the vegetable not the people.
5.3 this morning which I'm very surprised about as I totally broke last night when I was exhausted and had a chicken burger from the takeaway as well as a can of soft drink and jelly tots (I know, I know. But it was a one off!).
I will have to look up jelly tots-a gingerbread man jumped into my mouth yesterday! It is great to be able to have an occasional treat and still be on course after such diligence!