Type 2 Life

kjc2011

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Exercising lol
Hi @ickihun I've had 2 angiograms. One in the groin and one in the wrist. Both pain free and was in and out within a few hours of both. Good luck, hope you're not waiting too long and hope you're feeling better soon. X

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Hi @ickihun I've had 2 angiograms. One in the groin and one in the wrist. Both pain free and was in and out within a few hours of both. Good luck, hope you're not waiting too long and hope you're feeling better soon. X
Thank you @kjc2011 :nailbiting: Its helping with weight loss, thats for sure.
I hope i just go home relieved nothing serious and back to gp for suggestions. I will be happy as long as problem stops. I need my power back and being able to walk straight.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Afternoon, my lovely friends on Type 2 Life, from me, Johnny, on PC No 5, a Public Library Computer, at Tate South Lambeth Public Library in Vauxhall in the London Borough of Lambeth in South West London,

I am posting to impart to you that I had a wonderful weekend. On Saturday I visited my mental health service user friend Gary and his elderly Mother Lily in Loughborough Junction, South London, and assisted Gary to weed, rake and rigorously sweep the back garden, re-set the filtration pipe coming from an electronic pumping facility on their aquarium. It was OK. Lily gave Gary and I a delicious fried breakfast of fried back bacon, 2 fried eggs, 2 bread rolls with margarine and tomatoes which we ate at the dining room table in their bungalow. On Sunday, I saw my other vulnerable friends Mary and Colin and made them coffee in my one bedroomed council flat and Colin bought me 2 Leeks, a cucumber and 1 cabbage from the Portuguese grocer/greengrocer locally to where I live.

Today, I've eaten 1 cucumber sandwich this morning, 1 Sainsbury's Basics Beef Lasagne ready meal for my lunch and 2 sliced cherry tomato sandwiches at different times this afternoon. My best friend Lee contributed the cherry tomatoes and the bread which was a crusty £1.00 Bloomer white loaf with Poppy Seeds sprinkled over the crust.

My blood glucose readings were 12.1, 5.4, 5.2, and 5.5 and even a reading of 4.0 one time today. This were all at different times of today.

Have a lovely day, my friends. The library's closed tomorrow so it won't be until Wednesday when I log on again except I have a 10 am Special Dentistry Care appointment then.

Lots of Love,

Johnny Baker
Sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Personality Disorder NOS. x X x.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good Afternoon, my lovely friends on Type 2 Life, from me, Johnny, on PC No 5, a Public Library Computer, at Tate South Lambeth Public Library in Vauxhall in the London Borough of Lambeth in South West London,

I am posting to impart to you that I had a wonderful weekend. On Saturday I visited my mental health service user friend Gary and his elderly Mother Lily in Loughborough Junction, South London, and assisted Gary to weed, rake and rigorously sweep the back garden, re-set the filtration pipe coming from an electronic pumping facility on their aquarium. It was OK. Lily gave Gary and I a delicious fried breakfast of fried back bacon, 2 fried eggs, 2 bread rolls with margarine and tomatoes which we ate at the dining room table in their bungalow. On Sunday, I saw my other vulnerable friends Mary and Colin and made them coffee in my one bedroomed council flat and Colin bought me 2 Leeks, a cucumber and 1 cabbage from the Portuguese grocer/greengrocer locally to where I live.

Today, I've eaten 1 cucumber sandwich this morning, 1 Sainsbury's Basics Beef Lasagne ready meal for my lunch and 2 sliced cherry tomato sandwiches at different times this afternoon. My best friend Lee contributed the cherry tomatoes and the bread which was a crusty £1.00 Bloomer white loaf with Poppy Seeds sprinkled over the crust.

My blood glucose readings were 12.1, 5.4, 5.2, and 5.5 and even a reading of 4.0 one time today. This were all at different times of today.

Have a lovely day, my friends. The library's closed tomorrow so it won't be until Wednesday when I log on again except I have a 10 am Special Dentistry Care appointment then.

Lots of Love,

Johnny Baker
Sufferer of Asperger Syndrome and Personality Disorder NOS. x X x.
Well done Johnny. It's always more fun with your friends! ;)

Swiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good afternoon, to all my friends on www.diabetes.co.uk website from me, @autisticwonder1970, from a public computer,

I'm so sorry that I haven't been prevalent on this fab website. The library was closed all day yesterday and I had to go to the local hospital for an ultrasound scan to check out my renal functioning and kidney pain. The results will go back to my GP in approximately a week to 10 days time. Thanks 4 the lovely well written quote @leslie10152, I had an inkling that quitting smoking would cause variable spikes in my blood glucose levels. I also know about neurotransmitter activity in the brain. I found it very comforting to know that for the sake of reassurance from a second party. I've relapsed on the quit again and my smoking advisor from my local stop smoking service suggested having a chill out smoking time because he believes I'm taking on too much too soon and that it's affecting my stress levels. I'm going to try quitting again on 14th April 1997 so that's what I'm going to reset my quit date to on the smoking cessation online support group at www.quitnet.com.

My blood sugar was 7.8 at one time this morning after eating tomato sandwiches and just recently it was a very healthy 5.2 mmol even with occasional smoking of cigarettes.

Have a lovely day to all my friends on this special forum. I'm thinking of you all every day and still am lighting a candle for my special forum member friends @debrasue and @ikihun and other fab people.

Blessings, love, hugs and best wishes to you all and all the www.diabetes.co.uk moderators and facilitators. I wouldn't be where I am today if it wasn't for you guys.

Love from Johnny Baker, a sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, Personality Disorder NOS and Musculoskeletal Disorder. x X x.

Hello @autisticwonder1970 I finally managed to give up smoking twenty years ago this month. I had tried to give up many times but I never managed to go for more than a few hours before going out to buy more cigarettes. Then I read that chewing sunflower seeds take away the craving. I bought one small pack from Sainsburys and chewed them throughout the day but ended up buying cigarettes that evening. I felt like a complete failure but exactly one week later I woke up and I didn't feel like smoking. I hadn't planned to give up that day but I have not smoked a single cigarette since. It wasn't easy to give up, I still had to be strong and say no thanks when one of my friends offered me a cigarette but I did give up and I still feel very proud of myself.
Good luck, your next quit date may be the day you have your last cigarette.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I have Asperger Syndrome which is an autism spectrum condition and a full diagnosis of Adult ADHD which are characterised by impairments in social communication, social interaction and social imagination. I also have a rigid and somewhat unpredictable routine. I also experience obsessive rituals, some a bit overwhelming. But I have a talent in articulate creative writing skills and possess a photographic rote memory. I have sensory sensitivity and get upset by loud noises, bright colours or lights, and notice the texture and consistency of certain foods more making my dietary choices extremely limited or restricted to certain food components. I dislike conflict and lies. The Adult ADHD also makes me very moody and cross.
Good Afternoon, to all my special friends on Type 2 Life from my brand new Acer Chromebook Laptop Computer, in my home, thanks to my Corporate Appointee (who has enduring power of attorney of my disability benefits) buying it for me,

It's so awesome to be able to communicate with you lovely people in my flat. I feel totally exhilarated and on Cloud 9. My blood glucose hasn't been taken yet. I have to go to the chemist locally down South Lambeth Road and pick up some new test strips. C-Beebies is on (Grandpa In My Pocket Show).

Have a lovely day, my friends.

Lots of love to you.

From,

Johnny x X x.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
That's great news Johnny, you have your new laptop at last :) you will be able to go on to all your favourite forums and websites whenever you like now. By the way Grandpa in my Pocket starring James Bolam as grandpa was my son's favourite show too. Enjoy your laptop

Reactions: ickihun

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good evening, my friends,

i've had a good day, so far i've eaten, this morning 1 whole custard-filled swiss roll and this evening i had 1 tomato sandwich. i'm just about to do some reading on www.jw.org, the jehovah's witness website.

love from johnny baker x X x.

Reactions: Ultramum

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
A very good morning to all my special friends on Type 2 Life,

I had a lovely, refreshing night's sleep in my new Despicable Me Minions Duvet and awoke this morning and ate 1 Granny Smith Apple and drank 1 mug of Sainsbury's Rich Roast Coffee with Coffeemate Light and 4 Sucralose Artificial Sweetener Tablets. My blood glucose level was 7.3 Millimoles Per Litre a little while after that. I also administered my Lixisenatide, Metformin, Ramipril, Atorvastatin, Amlodipine, Bendroflumethiazide, Tamsulosin and Carbamazepine. My blood glucose level now, 10:26 Ante Meridian British Summer Time, today, Thursday 13th April 2017 in the Common Era is 5.4 Millimoles Per Litre.

I'm going to try buying a little packet of Sunflower Seeds which my dear Type 2 Life fellow member and good supportive friend @Swiggy advised me to do to counteract nicotine withdrawal symptoms in preparation for the commencement of my cigarette smoking cessation programme, tomorrow, Friday 14th April 2017 in the Common Era.

Much love,

From,

Johnny Baker, sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, Diabetes Type 2 and Personality Disorder NOS. x X x.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I've just been on www.youtube.com and have watched Circle of Life, Let It Go, Some day My Prince Will Come and Whistle While We Work, all from Walt Disney. My blood glucose level was 5.9 Millimoles Per Litre.

Reactions: Ultramum and Swiggy

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Its sunny outside been cutting the grass but get out of breath more. Sorry to hear your not so well Ickihun, it will help when you get your results. If they got their act together they should be able to tell you your results for some tests on the day of your test. atb Derek
Thanks Derek.
Yes I've been told he will either discharge me there and then or I will have to have a consultation to discuss findings. He knows I'm strong minded, him too. However on this occasion I'm out of my depth. He definitely has the upper hand on what I have to do! I'll be definitely listening. :shy:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Good Afternoon, to all my special friends on Type 2 Life from my brand new Acer Chromebook Laptop Computer, in my home, thanks to my Corporate Appointee (who has enduring power of attorney of my disability benefits) buying it for me,

It's so awesome to be able to communicate with you lovely people in my flat. I feel totally exhilarated and on Cloud 9. My blood glucose hasn't been taken yet. I have to go to the chemist locally down South Lambeth Road and pick up some new test strips. C-Beebies is on (Grandpa In My Pocket Show).

Have a lovely day, my friends.

Lots of love to you.

From,

Johnny x X x.
We love Grandpa in my pocket. We have a few on dvd. Do you?

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
We love Grandpa in my pocket. We have a few on dvd. Do you?
Good Morning, @ickihun my lovely friend. I don't have a DVD Player or Recorder in my flat but I record multiple CBeebies broadcasts on my Sky Plus Box and store them on its built-in hard drive. I love kiddies programmes and I adore Walt Disney films and television shows, too. My favourite Walt Disney film is made in 2014 and it is called Frozen which I have a sticker album of and buy stickers for it centering around Queen Elsa and Princess Anna and Krystoff, Sven the Reindeer and Olaf the Snowman. The music is gorgeous! Love Johnny Baker (@autisticwonder1970 ), sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, Encopresis, Nocturnal Enuresis and tendencies to Personality Disorder NOS. x X x.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Greetings and well wishes to you, my good friends, guided by Jehovah and may a lovely day ahead await you,

I had a good Good Friday morning drinking Instant Coffee with Coffeemate Light and Sucralose Granulated Sweetener and consuming tomato sandwiches (I've ingested 2 so far since 4:00 Ante Meridian this morning. My most recent tomato sandwich spiked my blood glucose level completely leaving me with a 9.6 Millimoles Per Litre reading. I've had 2 glasses of tap water since eating it. I know that this is ill-advised to consume excessive complex carbohydrates but individuals with autism spectrum neurodevelopmental disabilities do have limited dietary preferences and tend to struggle with the concept of nutrition although memorising by rote what they read online. It's the same all over with me; golod in theory, not in practice. This is something I'm working on with my CBT psychologist Siobhan.

Have a beautiful day, my good friends and much love to you. I feel the love through this wonderful forum.

From,

Johnny Baker x X x. (@autisticwonder1970).

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Afternoon, my lovely friends, at 12:35 Post Meridian, British Summer Time, on Friday 14th April, 2017, in the Common Era. My blood glucose reading, before eating two medium-sized pears, was a very healthy 6.0 Millimoles Per Litre.

Much love to you.

From,

Johnny Baker (@autisticwonder1970) x X x.
Sufferer of Asperger Syndrome, some, not all, tendencies of Personality Disorder NOS.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Evening, my friends, on Friday 14th April 2017 in the Common Era at 4:56 Post Meridian, British Summer Time,

Today I've eaten another Tomato Sandwich with thinly-sliced tomato on 2 refined flour slices of "Bloomer" bread with sesame seeds sprinkled on the crust which give it a lovely nutty flavor. I also had a whole deep-pan "Pepperoni" pizza, with melted cheese, pureed tomatoes, chopped red sweet peppers and finely chopped onions. I cut it into 4 slices and placed it into my microwave oven, on my pink stripy plate on full power for 5 minutes. My blood glucose level was a bit hyperglycemic a substantial length of time afterwards reading 9.6 Millimoles Per Litre. Then a little while afterwards it was 8.3 Millimoles Per Litre, then 7.6 Millimoles Per Litre. Now, at 4:56 Ante Meridian, British Summer Time, it is still a slightly hyperglycemic 7.2 Millimoles Per Litre. With regards to drinks, I've have ingested approximately 3-4 glasses of cold tap water, ingested 2 mugs of tea in my Cadbury's creme egg mug and 2 mugs of instant coffee. Each had Coffeemate Light to whiten them and 1 and a 1/2 5 millilitre spoonfuls of sucralose granulated sweetener. The pizza was one of my favorite flavors; a smoky, pungent taste of the pepperoni and the delicious flavor of the melted cheese. I do anticipate, however, it is possibly excessively high in kilocalories, saturated fat, glucose, sodium hydrochloride and complex carbohydrates which are perhaps the catalyst for the spike in my blood glucose level. With my Asperger Syndrome symptomatology, I have extremely limited and rigid eating patterns which hold a conducive juxtaposition to my routines and, to a lesser extent, rituals. That is the reason as to why I find the LCHF diet difficult.

I have done well, however, in maintain abstinence from my tobacco misuse problem. This evening, at 7:15 Post Meridian, I shall be 1 day quit!

Much love and to you, I send my sincere kind regards and well wishes from my heart.

From,

Johnny x X x.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Much love to my friends on Type 2 Life,

I've been having a rested and peaceful evening. I took my blood glucose reading a little while ago and my blood glucose level was a very healthy 6.3 Millimoles Per Litre, I had another thinly-sliced tomato sandwich with table salt sprinkled minimally over the tomato.

Have a lovely evening wherever you are and whatever your situation is with your diabetic conditions.

Love you lots from ?Johnny xXx.

JohnnyBaker87

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Good Morning, to all my friends on Type 2 Life,

I had a lovely conversation with my elderly Dad on Facebook Messenger this morning, he's doing well, he's on Basal Insulin injections and adjusts the units as recommended by the Practice Nurse who specialises in diabetes who is treating his multiple physical conditions. My own blood glucose level, after administering my morning prescriptive medication, fell to 3.8 millimoles per litre, a slight hypoglycemic episode but I managed to stabilise it and bring it up again by eating a tomato sandwich (the bread being a complex carbohydrate, which, advised to myself by the diabetic nurse specialist at my local diabetes community clinic, keeps blood glucose levels (glycemic index) up for longer.

So, much love to all of you from my little comfortable council flat in Vauxhall, South West London.

From,

Johnny Baker xXx.

13lizanne

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
The Gym, + unkindness and rudeness
Good morning Johnny,
I've been reading your posts from yesterday and today, you're enjoying that bread with the sesame seeds and your tomatoes I see. Are you going to have a special meal tomorrow? Maybe allow yourself some chocolate egg? I'm glad that you have been feeling well and hope that you continue to be well. Happy Easter Johnny

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
Happy Easter from me too @autisticwonder1970 . :)

Happy Easter to all. It started rough but I too have had a few good days. Enjoy and we can enjoy fighting with our bgs another day.
It's important to have a day off.
These kids have scoffed some of their eggs already! Their nana came up trumps. God bless her and my grans intervention. ;) An Easter the way it should be. Fun and filled with chocolate. Ha ha

Reactions: Ultramum