Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi @Jonno1980 - What's up ?

You are in the right place to find sympathy with others, so hope we can help :)

Reactions: nessa1970

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hello @Jonno1980 Are you getting any support from your healthcare team ? How are you getting on with managing your blood glucose levels ? I'm sorry i'm not a healthcare professional I can only speak from a type 1 point of view but with everything else you are dealing with there should be someone helping you professionally, is there anything we can help with in regards to your type 1 ?

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
Hi @Jonno1980
you are amongst friends here that do understand .
we need you with us and want to try and help.

have you got any local support ??

DiabeticDadUK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm newly 6 months diagnosed in terrible pain neuropathy depression alcoholism cocaine addiction serious debt can't go on

Hello there. That sounds like a really tough list of things to cope with.

You logged on. Typed the first message and then replied. You did that because you want help and not because you're giving up.

All of your problems can be managed and in some cases eliminated. You've taken the first step by posting here and I'm sure you're amongst friends on this forum. I recommend you try to relax as that alone can lessen pain and may improve your frame of mind. Tomorrow call your doctor and arrange an emergency appointment. Tonight, if things are bad then call The Samaritans and just talk. Please...

Do Not Give Up

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm newly 6 months diagnosed in terrible pain neuropathy depression alcoholism cocaine addiction serious debt can't go on

You're a strong person to be dealing with Type 1 and you can beat the other things you mentioned too - with help and support.

Eg there are charities that help with debt and can help you sort out a debt repayment plan if that's appropriate (it can be a small amount you have to,pay) There are also organisations like Addaction that can help with your drug problems.

It must be horrible being in so much pain. Do speak to your GP and consultant. There is some help for neuropathy.

Please keep posting. You're one of us, and people here are happy to listen and to offer advice and support. You're not alone.

Reactions: DiabeticDadUK

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
can you maybe call the emergency and ask for help to your mental situation.... you also have a right to get some help...plese try that before giving up ....

Donna1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Hi jonno, can u let us know u are ok? There is help
Out there for all of your issues although it seems like their isn't and things can be over whelming.

GrantGam

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning @Jonno1980, are you feeling any better about things today?

T1D is a horrendous, horrible and time consuming condition - there is no denying that. But take comfort in that fact that there are many members here who manage it successfully and have done for a long time. They are proof that it can be done:)

I noticed in a previous post that you lost your job on diagnosis. Well, so did I. Three years studying at college to become a Marine Electrician and had only been in the role full time for 18 months. Overnight I was without a job and no means of ever returning to that sector of the industry. So I understand what you're going through...

Just to let you know, I've since returned to work - still in the shipping industry but in a different sector where I'm allowed to work with T1D. I earn more money, have more time off and have an overall better job - losing my previous job was actually a blessing in many ways.

As for the drinking and the drugs, well that will more than likely require professional help as the others have said. Alcohol and drug abuse to tend to be social activities in the most part - so maybe not kicking around with the people who partake in either of those habits for a while will help you cut back and ultimately stop?

Be strong, stay brave and remember that you have people around you who love and care for you. Think about how they would feel if anything bad were to happen to you @Jonno1980. We're all here to listen.

Reactions: Salvia and Juicyj

himtoo

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
mean people , gardening , dishonest people , and war.
why can't everyone get on........
My left foot has now swollen and is double in size I'm in self destruction mode I'm sorry guys
jonno -- no need to be sorry -- we all can feel your pain and sadness -- Type 1 D is a hard road to follow-- what can we do this evening and over the next few days to help ??
it won't mean much to you but I do get it !!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Juicyj

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hello @Jonno1980 thanks for giving us an update, the very fact you are here shows that you are looking for support, I know I don't walk in your shoes, but I can be ear if you need to off load. Maybe tell us why you feel so driven in your need to self destruct ?

I have learnt that all emotional states are temporary, some linger longer than others but taking some time to try and look at life a little differently, maybe take a walk and go a different route, or speak to someone you normally pass by. I also find when your feeling low that thoughts can build up over the day so mornings are a good time to try and seek help or speak to someone about how your feeling, do you have someone close by you can talk to ?

Jonno1980

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hell @Jonno1980 thanks for giving us an update, the very fact you are here shows that you are looking for support, I know I don't walk in your shoes, but I can be ear if you need to off load. Maybe tell us why you feel so driven in your need to self destruct ?

I have learnt that all emotional states are temporary, some linger longer than others but taking some time to try and look at life a little differently, maybe take a walk and go a different route, or speak to someone you normally pass by. I also find when your feeling low that thoughts can build up over the day so mornings are a good time to try and seek help or speak to someone about how your feeling, do you have someone close by you can talk to ?

I do my other half really isn't that understanding I'm really not coping

DiabeticDadUK

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My left foot has now swollen and is double in size I'm in self destruction mode I'm sorry guys

Hi Jonno! Good to see you back. Sorry to hear about the foot. I'm sure that's uncomfortable to say the least. It's time to get some proper pain control meds started I reckon. Perhaps talk to your GP about the urgent medical things first? Then seek help from addiction charities and debt counselling to get the other issues sorted out. I'm sure once these problems begin to resolve and your pain is under control that life will seem a bit better. Keep us updated buddy

Reactions: Jonno1980

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hi @Jonno1980 is there anyone else you can talk to ? Just having a chat and opening up can release some of the steam, it doesn't solve the problem but it does help and talking things through can sometimes help you to see reason :)

Reactions: Jonno1980

Jonno1980

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Hell @Jonno1980 thanks for giving us an update, the very fact you are here shows that you are looking for support, I know I don't walk in your shoes, but I can be ear if you need to off load. Maybe tell us why you feel so driven in your need to self destruct ?

I do my other half really isn't that understanding I'm really not coping