How I lost weight and reduced my HbA1C

P

pollensa

This may give motivation.

I turned around my A1C in 4 months by 23%

how....easy.

Changed lifestyle to

not eating bread pasta, rice or potatoes
Exercising more than usual i.e. doing min 4.3klm a day or up to 8 depending on time and weather
intermittant fasting 2 days a week 18 hrs. So easy. 2 mornings dont eat breakfast only black coffee no milk sugar, or green tea both with cinnamon. i.e. I have last meal 8pm, miss breakfast, next meal next day lunch 2pm. 2 days 24 hr fast. i.e.
last meal 8pm, miss breakfast and lunch! next meal 8pm. Both ways, you sleep inbetween 8 hrs so you dont realize your fasting for the 18 hrs or the 24, dont feel hungry and feel great afterwards and really look forward to my lunch or dinner.

Lost 18 kilos in 10 months also. Levels of realblood finger testing, fasting,2 hr after eat and random any time, normal normal normal.

although Pre Diabetic, one can turn it around and the within worked for my body.

I dont check fingers every day only every three months,never checked every day anyway! and do A1C now only once a year.

Hope this helps

Mallorca

sally and james

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done, join the club. It's all about bad diet, so all you need to do is change it.
Sally

AM1874

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi @pollensa
Well done and many congrats on your excellent results :happy::happy:

frankbegbie

This may give motivation.

I turned around my A1C in 4 months by 23%

how....easy.

Changed lifestyle to

not eating bread pasta, rice or potatoes
Exercising more than usual i.e. doing min 4.3klm a day or up to 8 depending on time and weather
intermittant fasting 2 days a week 18 hrs. So easy. 2 mornings dont eat breakfast only black coffee no milk sugar, or green tea both with cinnamon. i.e. I have last meal 8pm, miss breakfast, next meal next day lunch 2pm. 2 days 24 hr fast. i.e.
last meal 8pm, miss breakfast and lunch! next meal 8pm. Both ways, you sleep inbetween 8 hrs so you dont realize your fasting for the 18 hrs or the 24, dont feel hungry and feel great afterwards and really look forward to my lunch or dinner.

Lost 18 kilos in 10 months also. Levels of realblood finger testing, fasting,2 hr after eat and random any time, normal normal normal.

although Pre Diabetic, one can turn it around and the within worked for my body.

I dont check fingers every day only every three months,never checked every day anyway! and do A1C now only once a year.

Hope this helps

Mallorca
Exactly what I'm doing.
I hope to follow in your footsteps in the next 12 months.

Reactions: Serena51 and Prem51

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you are NOT eating carbohydrates, where do you get your food energy from?

Please advice and congratulations!

Reactions: Prem51

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Please clarify, what kind of fats?

Have a look at this link, it explains low carbing in just 60 seconds.
https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/60-seconds
HOWEVER, I noticed from your other posts that you are on insulin. So it is important to understand that people's insulin needs usually drop significantly when they lower the carbs in their diet, and consequently low carbing should not be undertaken by insulin users unless they are confident to decrease their doses, as appropriate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ultramum

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Low carbers get their energy from the non-carbohydrate parts of their diet - basically from the other two macronutrients which are protein and fats.

Reactions: Freema
P

pollensa

When I intermittent fast 3 days a week, which aim is to get rid of excess insulin resistance even for a Pre diabetic is important, the body uses the natural fats, I do eat carbs 20 to 30 a day, but these do not include, potatoes, pasta, rice, bread, I substitute these for more healthier items, I use pumpkin instead of potatoes in moderation, Grate caulifour for rice, delicious, make own seed crackers from sunflower, chia, flax, sesame yum yum, and spiralize courgette/zuchinni to have lasagna or pasta. infact, speaking only of myself not a doctor, I feel so much energized during two mornings not having breakfast fasting these days, and on not eating breakfast or lunch, so something is without doubt giving me lots of energy, for jumping on my surfboard at ripe young age of 68. Hope this explains mallorca

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@pollensa well done excellent results give yourself a pat on the back and a walk in lovely Mallorca! Would imagine it’s a bit milder than here in UK. We had snow today - a walk wasn’t very tempting with a bitter wind!

Reactions: Prem51