What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Good morning all. I had a lie in until 7.30 this morning and my sugars are 5.9 at 8 AM. I've noticed that when I get up later my sugars go up a bit and I know 5.9 is fab but its a weird thing to get my head around. I've got into the practice of having breakfast as soon as I get up to avoid my sugars going higher too.

D

Diabeticliberty

Good morning all. I had a lie in until 7.30 this morning and my sugars are 5.9 at 8 AM. I've noticed that when I get up later my sugars go up a bit and I know 5.9 is fab but its a weird thing to get my head around. I've got into the practice of having breakfast as soon as I get up to avoid my sugars going higher too.

5.9 is more than fab it is excellent. Doing it without medication is double good :)

Glenmac

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning,6.5 at 9.00 ...........had tested at 6.30 when I woke with pain in jaw again after a restless night ....7.4.Im about to have late breakfast.Just read OrsonKartts post.What a puzzle this D2 can be!:sour:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good morning all
BG today 6.4
Down to me entirely,my birthday last Sunday is still going on family meals both at home and eating out I still have one or two more family get together latest one was last nights meal with grandson number 3. They all live busy lives and I fit in with there free time or I wouldn't see them. It's how life is these days, even myself 71 still look after a live in grandson no.1 and have done for 23 years, I help with appointments with my sister and any other way I can. I'm usually busy most days but I'm having a chill day today a little Me Time. Hope you all have a good day. K

Ymdawd

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning all
BG today 6.4
Down to me entirely,my birthday last Sunday is still going on family meals both at home and eating out I still have one or two more family get together latest one was last nights meal with grandson number 3. They all live busy lives and I fit in with there free time or I wouldn't see them. It's how life is these days, even myself 71 still look after a live in grandson no.1 and have done for 23 years, I help with appointments with my sister and any other way I can. I'm usually busy most days but I'm having a chill day today a little Me Time. Hope you all have a good day. K

Enjoy. We all need a little ME time.

CherryAA

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Please pardon a really daft, stupid question but is it sustainable long term?Fantastic results by the way

D7 of my LOW INSULIN diet another 0.6 kg lost, making a total of 4.9Kg in 7 days 5.2% of total body weight. Average blood sugar yesterday 4.8mmol (down by 17% overall) , morning liver dump high 6.0mmol, high after 1600 calorie mega meal 5.0mmol .

Can I keep up this diet ? absolutely I could do this for the rest of my life and enjoy it - total revelation.

Average fasting glucose this morning 4.3 mmol

Butterfly1960

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/bore da! :) (4/10/17/) at 6.15am
these meters..... allow 20% either way in reading.... I'll take the lower version!! (4.7mmol/L):hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Dad's a retired maths teacher.... so I hope I got my sums right .... gold star??:cat::playful::joyful:
Bit late catching up today :cat:
Hugs all round, if required :cat::cat:
and wacky Wednesday to all :confused::wacky:o_O:rolleyes::cat:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Bore da bore da rydych chi wedi cysgu'r noson drwyddo draw. Bore da bore da i chi ddal di chi a chi a chi. Well my delightful cups of frothy diabetic cappuccino I went and had my flu jab after which I demanded my ice cream from the white coated vamp. She became quite irritated and demanded to know what I was blithering on about? At that point I staged a sit in protest in her surgery. I am currently sat in the back of a police van on my way for a day in a cell ( certainly beats walking my silly dawg and working) I do however have a 99 ice cream with 3 flakes in it. My blood sugar is also 3. 0mmols. I'll teach the NHS to mess with me. Have a wonderful day folks. Can any of you post my bail please?

Has long has it's not more than 4 flakes! Haha! K

Reactions: Ymdawd