What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Was in the 4s all day yesterday. Had some nuts before bed as I was 4.1. Woke at 1am with hypo signs and was 3.5 so had some more nuts.
Woke at 7.30 with 4.1 and feeling fine.

How low is too low for a type 2? Should I be worried about the 3.5?
Will not be taking gliclazide again now I’m on low carb!
I think removing the glic is essential with your numbers as low carb is powerful medicine. Too low is when you don't feel right. Fasting is also extremely powerful medicine when combined with LCHF and exercise so I have been seeing between 3.2 and 4's recently.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. It's 6.1 this morning. The highest it's ever been and I haven't even cheated to account for this :arghh:. Anyway, I will hit the elliptical trainer now to see if I can lower readings a bit for the rest of the day.

Have a very merry Xmas everyone.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
You’ve noticed!

It’s been like that for 2 days now.

Perhaps my HBA1C is also improving?
I'll be posting on HbA1c later this week after I compare my main meter with my surgery's calibrated. I had a disappointing last result so need to understand more myself as I sit mainly in the 4's for three quarters of the day (I compare on either 2 or 3 metres) yet my HbA1c equates to the upper level of my prandial rise i.e 5.5%. I thought the figure would be where you are most of the time. When I have tested at night I am not high and when I used the Libre it didn't show fluctuations except for downward. You may have a normal response so keep doing what you are doing.

Reactions: Goacher55

NewTD2

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'll be posting on HbA1c later this week after I compare my main meter with my surgery's calibrated. I had a disappointing last result so need to understand more myself as I sit mainly in the 4's for three quarters of the day (I compare on either 2 or 3 metres) yet my HbA1c equates to the upper level of my prandial rise i.e 5.5%. I thought the figure would be where you are most of the time. When I have tested at night I am not high and when I used the Libre it didn't show fluctuations except for downward. You may have a normal response so keep doing what you are doing.

Your 5.5 (37% HBA1C) is excellent mate!

Mine is at 46% (pre-diabetic range) hoping it will go down by my next blood test in Jan.