Test Strip Swap Shop

Li4m79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Is there anyway or anywhere that can swap test strips??

Reason I ask, is I have an abundance of True You testing strips, but recently received a Contour One blood tester, I can't get the strips on prescription here, and you all know how pricey they can be. So I was wondering is there anywhere where you can swap strips for different brands?!?!

I'm pretty sure there would be a lot of people that have strips for machines they don't use for what ever reasons.

Better strips be getting used out there than sat gathering dust

Li4m79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can a mod move this to the above location, save a double post.

And @Juicyj thank you, i'll also look into that :)

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Moved as requested.

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Liam why not sell your old strips on ebay and purchase replacements if you cant find somewhere to swap them

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Were your strips prescribed on the NHS @Li4m79 ? If they were, I'm wondering about the legal position of selling them.

Do you have a meter for the strips, and if you do, why not just use them up?

Li4m79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ones I have are purchased, and I do have a meter. I have several different brands of meter, but i like the Contour One, its a nice slick design, and it bluetooths to my phone, and gives me a nice visual log right there in my hand. I'd much rather be using that as my daily meter, than any others. But not at the price of the strips. I guess its just me being picky over what meter to use.

I can get other strips on prescription which i am now doing :)

Hpetal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
cold weather!
Ones I have are purchased, and I do have a meter. I have several different brands of meter, but i like the Contour One, its a nice slick design, and it bluetooths to my phone, and gives me a nice visual log right there in my hand. I'd much rather be using that as my daily meter, than any others. But not at the price of the strips. I guess its just me being picky over what meter to use.

I can get other strips on prescription which i am now doing :)
I too prefer the contour one next.... for the same reasons aswell. And i can't get the strips on prescription either, but if I lived in the nextdoor NHS area I could so how stupid is that? I am trying the one I can get strips for, the glucomen areo, do not like it, no fasting marker, no 2nd chance on strips, and design is too small and buttons too close together. need I go on.
I will keep buying my test strips from ebay, I feel strongly that i shouldn't have to but the NHS give me no choice.