Type 1'stars R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I woke to a 3.8 couple of digestives and was up to 5.2 just having my coffèe b4 i start in work till 2 today have a good day all
If i wake up with high bgs i correct at breakfast if i do it when i get up it doesnt seem to work for me

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
my waking BG-
Libre says 2.6...
My Freestyle Optium Neo says 5.1...
My Aviva expert says I am 6.1

I will go with 5.1 ;)

Defo do not feel hypo!

Happy with any of those considering I got the late night munchies yesterday and scoffed a bag of prawn cocktail crips - without pre-bolusing

edit: I did bolus once I had demolished them

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Late night so correction at 11.3 at 1am, woke at 3am and 8.7 correction and woke at 4.6.. have a good day all.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @CranberryIce . Vials of insulin kept out of the fridge at room temperature are good for 28 days after this time they may lose their effectiveness.
Above 80 degrees Fahrenheit it's advised to keep vials of insulin cool. Trio bags, refrigerators etc.
Personally I always get through insulin vials well within 28 days.
If, heavens forbid I find myself somewhere warm ( 80+) I " attempt " to keep my insulin cool.

This week whoop! Heat wave due in Leeds! (Not good for in bloom plants, but shall burn off any highs going backwards and forwards with my watering can)

Tony337

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Not being on holiday....
I was making a dragonfly in my garage last night and didn't come in till 10pm.
4.1 had some toast but an hour later 4.9 what to do what to do.......
Shoved some jelly beans in because I needed to get to bed and the anxiety would have kept me awake....
5.30 am and 7.7 so if I hadn't had the jelly beans I would have been in the 5s but I wouldn't have slept.........

Its that vicious circle that wears me thin and I know 7.7 isn't a disaster but after 44 years of this I was hoping for better.
I'm older greyer grumpier but not noticeably any wiser....;)

Happy times and places

Tony

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Morning all! Had a lovely Mexican meal with the fam last night, they were very accommodating with my food requests, although I think I may still have underestimated the carbs as I was woken at 0130 by my watch buzzing to tell me is gone into double figures (love this MiaoMiao transmitter already), so whacked in 2.5u, rolled over and went back to sleep. Woke up at 0700 to a 6.6 :) although we’re up to the mid 8s now for some reason, so I’ve been correcting half a unit every half hour or so to bring it down, wonder if it’s late DP/foot on the floor? Ugh. Baffled (and a bit tired of it) by it all today.

Still, got a silver pendant to finish for a customer today, and a quilt for a housewarming gift for a friend who’s just come out of a long term relationship and is moving into her own place this weekend - sort of a physical manifestation of a cuddle :)

Hope you all have a lovely day xxx

I was making a dragonfly in my garage last night and didn't come in till 10pm.
4.1 had some toast but an hour later 4.9 what to do what to do.......
Shoved some jelly beans in because I needed to get to bed and the anxiety would have kept me awake....
5.30 am and 7.7 so if I hadn't had the jelly beans I would have been in the 5s but I wouldn't have slept.........

Its that vicious circle that wears me thin and I know 7.7 isn't a disaster but after 44 years of this I was hoping for better.
I'm older greyer grumpier but not noticeably any wiser....;)

Happy times and places

Tony
Tell us about your dragonfly - sounds really cool!

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Woke up on a 2.9 not great, but, on wards and upwards.

Wishing you all a terrific Thursday :)

Reactions: karen8967

Alison54321

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone, not much to report really. Last night's meal was messed up by a power cut, it happened just after I'd put it in the oven, so my timing got messed up, while I waited for it to come back on, only took about an hour, but still. So I ended up at 11, corrected that down, then through the night it was quite well behaved.

Reactions: karen8967

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
After 2 fabulous results weeks and 3 accurate sensors I have a poor sensor. Felt I was high, so Libre blood 11.1. Libre 15 mins later -as per instructions for testing accuracy-7.7 One Touch Verio 14 (my everyday metre) and just for measure my spare metre 12. how to treat this. A mine field!! Oh and I had 5 units at breakfast with my 10 carb portion of raspberries and yoghurt. Not a good day.

ChrisH55

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Loving this thread. It's great to hear that so many of you have ups and downs frequently unexplained like I do. At times I think my bs should be better without so many highs and lows after 28 years, but I suppose thats the nature of the beast! Wasn't feeling brilliant yesterday and couldn't get them to come down. Today feeling much better. Had slightly less insulin this morning with breakfast as going swimming as I always do on a Thursday. When I got home bs 12, higher than before I left home !! Keep up with the posts.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Also thought i'd weigh in on the upstairs / downstairs debate - i am a staunch downstairs man.

and then comes along some silly sod who exclaims living in a single storey abode is the bees knees! Especially as we have french doors that open into the garden in our bed room, for when the dog wants letting out in the middle of the night!

5.4 before bed, 10.6 this morning - it was last nights dry roasted peanuts' fault!

paulchew1988

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Loving this thread. It's great to hear that so many of you have ups and downs frequently unexplained like I do. At times I think my bs should be better without so many highs and lows after 28 years, but I suppose thats the nature of the beast! Wasn't feeling brilliant yesterday and couldn't get them to come down. Today feeling much better. Had slightly less insulin this morning with breakfast as going swimming as I always do on a Thursday. When I got home bs 12, higher than before I left home !! Keep up with the posts.
Same here, first time looking at this thread. I'm a fairly newly diagnosed T1, nearly 3 months in my needs for insulin are slowly rising. But I've got a decent grip on it. Went to bed on 6.4 woke up 6.2. I'd really love to know what they were through the night but guess I'll have to wait until libres are more widely funded through the NHS.

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
All week I've been waking in the 7/8s instead of 6s. Running high in the morning (12 ish) and then crashing pm. How long until you decide its a pattern yuu need to deal with and not just heat / hayfever / stars aligned badly??

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
All week I've been waking in the 7/8s instead of 6s. Running high in the morning (12 ish) and then crashing pm. How long until you decide its a pattern yuu need to deal with and not just heat / hayfever / stars aligned badly??
I usually watch for three days before changing basal or ratios. And when I can’t think of anything to change I ask you guys ;)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Long walk this morning, catching up with house stuff this afternoon while my daughter works. Just sat down with a cup of tea. I’m cream crackered but the BG’s been between 5 and 6.5 all day - can’t win, just a ‘feeling endocrinally nearly normal’ tired old bird?
That kind of BG day doesn’t happen often so a bit of celebration, but it’s not over yet . . .

Reactions: kev-w