Low Carb Results

Naimeus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
On my last review my Hba1c was 69 and I was 103 kilos , so I decided to try low carb diet and today my Hba1c was 51 and my weight was 96.7 and feel great : I’m surprised just by removing bread,potatoes, rice and pasta could make such a difference.

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Well done for having the courage to try. Do you have a bg meter? If you do and test after each meal you may be able to find other things that are tending to raise your bg. Watch out for smoked products, often they have sugar added to them, and some of us react to wheat products - so not only bread and cake but other things that have had flour added as a thickener.

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Welcome to the forum @Naimeus - well done on the great reductions in HbA1c and weight! :)

Reactions: Freema

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On my last review my Hba1c was 69 and I was 103 kilos , so I decided to try low carb diet and today my Hba1c was 51 and my weight was 96.7 and feel great : I’m surprised just by removing bread,potatoes, rice and pasta could make such a difference.
Excellent news and well done in taking control of your health. And joining up here to,let us all know of course..

Naimeus

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thank you everyone for your kind messages and encouragement.
Can someone point me in the right direction for new recipes please

Mokkijo

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Coffee w/heavy cream, I make a home made low carb bread that has really helped me stay on track.
Thank you everyone for your kind messages and encouragement.
Can someone point me in the right direction for new recipes please

BLOGS: LowCarbYum, SugarfreeMom & AlldayIdreamAboutFood are 3 LC blogs but there are many others.

Reactions: Prem51 and Freema

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
ibreatheimhungry.com is another of my favoured sites.

Les.balL

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
I would like to say I’m new to this site but there are some fantastic people who give great support. Big thank you everyone.
Yes I have found that same support as you have on here Naimeus! Like yourself I have gone Low Carb over the past couple of months and so far have lost 12lbs in weight! I have to wait until September for next doctors visit/tests but feel quite excited to find my results :)

Reactions: Terrytiddy

Les.balL

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I agree. We changed our diet to low carb two months ago and I have never felt better. We alternate our fish, red meat, pork and chicken with any amount of veges in soups mainly and some dinner type meals. I hardly eat rice, unless its red rice and hardly any pasta. My medical readings have changed dramatically except for my hbAic, only 0.2 lower than 3 months ago from 8.2. Not happy with that. But, overall, I feel bloody marvellous.

Reactions: Mal37 and xfieldok