Type 1'stars R Us

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good evening folks. Another lovely day on the costa del easty midlano.
6 monthly check up ( 7 months since last one :) NHS calendar :banghead::banghead:) went good.
HbA1C at an all time low. Thank you to all at Dexcom.
Everything else absolutely fine, except cholesterol ldl at 1.4. Must be the Double Gloucester cheese;);). I'll cut it down to one block a week and see what happens.
Lost a bit of weight as well. 90 kg of mean, lean .........well 90kg of something.
@slip I think I'm quite fortunate that we have an exceptional diabetes centre in Leicester. Appointments do get moved, but usually only a few weeks. It is annoying though.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Well done

Reactions: porl69
K

Knikki

@therower I so miss read your post and thought you were cutting down to one 90Kg block of cheese, which would be interesting to say the least.

On the subject of food, Cheshire Farmhouse Raspberry Ripple ice cream, not much more to add other than YUM!

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Knikki . 90 kg of cheese a week ????????? I'm not a pig:):):). 90kg is always gonna last 2 or 3 weeks.
Not big on ice cream. Brain freeze:banghead::banghead::banghead:.
You do make it sound better than other brands that maybe available from popular German food stores.:):):)

Reactions: kev-w

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Good evening folks. Another lovely day on the costa del easty midlano.
6 monthly check up ( 7 months since last one :) NHS calendar :banghead::banghead:) went good.
HbA1C at an all time low. Thank you to all at Dexcom.
Everything else absolutely fine, except cholesterol ldl at 1.4. Must be the Double Gloucester cheese;);). I'll cut it down to one block a week and see what happens.
Lost a bit of weight as well. 90 kg of mean, lean .........well 90kg of something.
@slip I think I'm quite fortunate that we have an exceptional diabetes centre in Leicester. Appointments do get moved, but usually only a few weeks. It is annoying though.:banghead::banghead::banghead:
What, onto Single Gloucester cheese ??:)

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Good morning all ! 1.11pm in Adelaide, clear. sunny windy - out with the kites.
Life is never simple or fair: I read an exciting fantasy novel for an hour or two last night --> BSL of 13 mmol/l at 5 am.
Writes note to oneself: "Remember to only read/watch comedy at night, repeat 100 times ...."
and "Or ALWAYS up basal 10 to 20% for other genres".

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning, a nice flattish line over night but a shame it was up at 11, mums funeral this afternoon, I don't know if 'glad; is the word but I'll be glad to get it done as it's taken forever it seems and the suit's too tight to put the libre reader in a pocket so I've a sports bag to take :banghead:

Apart from that it's another lovely day :)

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good morning, a nice flattish line over night but a shame it was up at 11, mums funeral this afternoon, I don't know if 'glad; is the word but I'll be glad to get it done as it's taken forever it seems and the suit's too tight to put the libre reader in a pocket so I've a sports bag to take :banghead:

Will be thinking of you today @kev-w

K

Knikki

@kev-w take care hope it all goes well (I know that sounds daft but been to a few funerals where things have been "interesting")

@therower Must confess to never tried the ice cream form a certain main street German brand, its now on my list of things to try :D

K

Knikki

First coffee of the day sat here in the office where it is.....let us say on the warm side ~sitting here in a puddle of own juices~

Oh BS Levels

All normal and within that green bit on the meter graph thing :smug:

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Will be thinking of you <3

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Well that was a flop! Basal testing didn’t last long. 2 hours into it and I go hypo.

I gave my usual morning levemir with my 1.5 units of quick acting on waking- which I normally need to stop my sugars from
shooting up.

Could it be the quick acting which needs to be reduced? I usually wake up much higher than 5.6 so the 1.5 units does not send me hypo.

Any thoughts?

paulchew1988

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well that was a flop! Basal testing didn’t last long. 2 hours into it and I go hypo.

I gave my usual morning levemir with my 1.5 units of quick acting on waking- which I normally need to stop my sugars from
shooting up.

Could it be the quick acting which needs to be reduced? I usually wake up much higher than 5.6 so the 1.5 units does not send me hypo.

Any thoughts?
Did you have anything to eat? I normally only take a morning correction if I'm over 6.5.

This morning I woke on 7.7 took my Basel and 3 units of apidra. I had 20g of carbs in my porridge so 2 units for that 1 for a correction.

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you have anything to eat? I normally only take a morning correction if I'm over 6.5.

This morning I woke on 7.7 took my Basel and 3 units of apidra. I had 20g of carbs in my porridge so 2 units for that 1 for a correction.

No food... until the hypo.