Type 1'stars R Us

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
OK thanks for all the replys more food (pun intended) for thought.

FIASP?

This is new on the market is it not?

And, from the limited I have read and seen on here really fast acting?

I have an appointment with my DSN in a couple of weeks and going to talk about insulins :D

Fiasp - rework of NovoSluggish/Useless BUT works really quickly

Reactions: Cumberland

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
@Juicyj happy birthday! I’m making cake later, everyone talking cake makes me want some...

@Knikki - depends on the time of day. Early morning is usually 1u for a 1-1.5mmol drop, normal morning is 2mmol, and the rest of the day is 3mmol. Libre is showing it takes 20 minutes to start to work - if it’s going to bother working at all. It’s gone in three hours.

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@porl69 how much quicker are we talking?

I find a decrease in my bloods after around 10 - 15 mins - finger prick test AND Libre
If my bloods are high then it usually starts 25- 30 mins. God knows why the delay when my bloods are high BUT thats a T1D for you lol

K

Knikki

Great thanks to all the replies on the "timings"

So 9.3 and shoves 2 units in ~goes off for a coffee sits back and waits to see what happens~ :)

UPDATE: Well after 2 hours dropped by 3 Lesson learnt :)

Last edited by a moderator:

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Fiasp - Fast Insulin ASPart, a faster version of Novolog or Novorapid, I think it was designed with pump users in mind.

Tresiba has a flat line hey? I know I know two days to settle :) dipped down with intent late lunch, I'd not expected to get a lunch so I had some cheese with a 9g slice of wholemeal bread and a rich tea and its sloping back up with intent, but I'm swimming in a bit so I'll run with it, no worse than a standard day with Lantus anyway :p

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
@kev-w I agree with you on the Fiasp and intended for pump usage as I have just been switched over recently and recently been provisionally approved for a pump.
Give the Tresiba a few days to "bed" in

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
IMG_1531927328.332594.jpg

Happy birthday @Juicyj

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Thanks Karen :)

It's my birthday today too so just had my annual review where I told the nurse that afterwards I was off to buy cake, she said that was ok but I couldn't eat it, so.... reminded her that I could pre-bolus by 20 minutes to counter the sugar effect and it would be no problem (never missing an opportunity to re-educate where I can) have eaten my cake now and it was lovely :happy:

Happy Birthday @Juicyj

Reactions: Cumberland and db89

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A belated happy birthday to @Juicyj :)

I've a nice sine wave on my Libre screen, but have had 1.5u correction after swimming as I started to rise when I got out but it'll take while before I see patterns with the pool, I'm wondering about Tresiba dosing, I took 17u of it last night(from 22u Lantus the night before), I have had had 2.5u Humalog corrections over 2 jabs plus breakfast bolus, could I reduce Tresiba to 16u tonight? As I've a feeling I may sit too low tomorrow as it's the second day....

@Cumberland the odd feeling was a good feeling, a real good vibration kind of thing, probably why it was odd as I wasn't grumpy when I woke up for a change :)

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)

I've a nice sine wave on my Libre screen, but have had 1.5u correction after swimming as I started to rise when I got out but it'll take while before I see patterns with the pool, I'm wondering about Tresiba dosing, I took 17u of it last night(from 22u Lantus the night before), I have had had 2.5u Humalog corrections over 2 jabs plus breakfast bolus, could I reduce Tresiba to 16u tonight? As I've a feeling I may sit too low tomorrow as it's the second day....

@Cumberland the odd feeling was a good feeling, a real good vibration kind of thing, probably why it was odd as I wasn't grumpy when I woke up for a change :)

Glad it was a good feeling and that you weren’t sickening for anything

Reactions: kev-w and karen8967

CranberryIce

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy Birthday @Juicyj

Hope everyone is well.

Had a ******/stressful week- bloods have been all over the place...and to make it worse... I’ve ‘not been bothered’. I haven’t been wreck-less but just not as motivated as I have been for the last few months.

Almost as though I have burnt myself out from constantly trying to stay in range and to keep at the lower end of my target range.

I am now annoyed with myself as my hba1c test is due. I worked so hard and got my lowest results on my last test and just worried that this coming test will be a disaster compared to that.

Ahh

Edited by modertor for language

Last edited by a moderator:

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people

I would wait and see what happens tomorrow. If the same then decrease by a unit and g8ve it 3 days as it is in your system for a long while

Reactions: Knikki