3 Milestones In 1 Day

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Feeling very emotional. My T2 dashboard has lit up with flashing shiny lights today:

Milestone 1 - today is 3 months since I was diagnosed. On 14 May I was 101.5kg, and had an Hba1c of 66.

Milestone 2 - I had a blood test yesterday. I just rang to get my results: the Hba1c is now 40 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Milestone 3 - I am weighing in at 87.5kg: a 14kg loss since diagnosis

I am so excited. Back in the normal range in under 3 months!

I could not have achieved this reduction so quickly without this forum - without the support, advice, encouragement, challenge and shared experiences of this community. Through this site I have learned about Low Carb High Fat diet, learned how to stick with it through the ups and downs, learned about testing and how to do it properly.

I have learned to ignore the well intentioned advice of people who don't have the right expertise. I've learned to be sceptical about healthcare professionals but also make the best of the support they can offer.

I know this isn't the finish line, it's just the first lap in a long race. But I'm not pining to go back to carb loaded existence: Why build a wall just to knock it down again? I like my new way of eating...I like the way it makes me feel, and look! I like the food I eat - cheese was always my guilty pleasure, now I no longer feel guilty.

My signature says DIABETES IS A CURSE, DIAGNOSIS IS A GIFT. I genuinely believe this to be the case because, although I technically have a serious chronic health condition, so far the only physical impact on me has been positive. I am fitter, lighter, sharper, more energetic and happier. Very very happy today.

I am also happy to have "met" so many wonderful, helpful friendly people on this site. You've really helped me. Not just the T2's, but T1's and T3's as well who have taught me so much and humbled me with what some of them have to go through daily.

When I was diagnosed, I was shocked, upset and really worried about the future - that grim day in May seems like a long time abo now. I couldn't just accept my fate and let this happen. My doctor gave me tablets and said "you'll probably be on these for the rest of your days."

I'm so pleased I found another way.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a lovely post! Very well done on your efforts, so pleased for you, you deserve it. :)

Reactions: rhubarb73

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Beautifully written! Very well done! Keep up the good work!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant news, well done on your successes and for taking control of your own health. Long may it continue.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Way to go! What a smashing start, well done.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done please accept a congratulatory hug and pat on the back from me. Love the way you’ve written your post too. Your contributions too to support other people on the forum are terrific too as well as your contribution to the low carb recipe booklet I’m compiling and all your funny but friendly posts that cheer us up (as does your fish avatar!)
What a great way to start your holiday being in the normal range within three months amazing especially as it will have counted a bit the time at the start when your bgs would have been higher too so the only way is down! Well done

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Well done, @rhubarb73 ! Has it been only 3 months? I have the feeling I've been reading and liking your posts much longer :)

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Well done please accept a congratulatory hug and pat on the back from me. Love the way you’ve written your post too. Your contributions too to support other people on the forum are terrific too as well as your contribution to the low carb recipe booklet I’m compiling and all your funny but friendly posts that cheer us up (as does your fish avatar!)

Thank you - the angry goldfish doesn’t think he is funny, he thinks he is very very serious.

Reactions: Prem51

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
Thank you for all the lovely comments- feeling a bit teary-eyed tonight. I have some appropriate medication:
Was saving a bottle of fizz to take for our hols but we might just have to buy another one when we get there.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Feeling very emotional. My T2 dashboard has lit up with flashing shiny lights today:

Milestone 1 - today is 3 months since I was diagnosed. On 14 May I was 101.5kg, and had an Hba1c of 66.

Milestone 2 - I had a blood test yesterday. I just rang to get my results: the Hba1c is now 40 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I could not have achieved this reduction so quickly without this forum - without the support, advice, encouragement, challenge and shared experiences of this community. Through this site I have learned about Low Carb High Fat diet, learned how to stick with it through the ups and downs, learned about testing and how to do it properly.

I have learned to ignore the well intentioned advice of people who don't have the right expertise. I've learned to be sceptical about healthcare professionals but also make the best of the support they can offer.

I know this isn't the finish line, it's just the first lap in a long race. But I'm not pining to go back to carb loaded existence: Why build a wall just to knock it down again? I like my new way of eating...I like the way it makes me feel, and look! I like the food I eat - cheese was always my guilty pleasure, now I no longer feel guilty.

My signature says DIABETES IS A CURSE, DIAGNOSIS IS A GIFT. I genuinely believe this to be the case because, although I technically have a serious chronic health condition, so far the only physical impact on me has been positive. I am fitter, lighter, sharper, more energetic and happier. Very very happy today.

I am also happy to have "met" so many wonderful, helpful friendly people on this site. You've really helped me. Not just the T2's, but T1's and T3's as well who have taught me so much and humbled me with what some of them have to go through daily.

When I was diagnosed, I was shocked, upset and really worried about the future - that grim day in May seems like a long time abo now. I couldn't just accept my fate and let this happen. My doctor gave me tablets and said "you'll probably be on these for the rest of your days."

What an amazing result and in just 3 months. Well done you. You have turned your diagnosis on its head and you feel amazing too. Diabetic levels in the 60s to non diabetic levels in 3 months. I love reading these success stories. Are you booked in to see you Dr to discuss. I would love to be a fly on the wall in that room! Awesome forum isn't it. Fantastic people. So helpful and knowledgable. Love it.

rhubarb73

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
aubergine
What an amazing result and in just 3 months. Well done you. You have turned your diagnosis on its head and you feel amazing too. Diabetic levels in the 60s to non diabetic levels in 3 months. I love reading these success stories. Are you booked in to see you Dr to discuss. I would love to be a fly on the wall in that room! Awesome forum isn't it. Fantastic people. So helpful and knowledgable. Love it.

Thanks Debra. My doctor is happy for me. He’s a nice chap. I will try to leverage that goodwill. My intention is to write to him rather than use up an appointment I don’t need. If I can get him and his practice partners thinking I the “Southport” style that could do a lot of good in a rural area with an ageing population. Cheers - your positivity is something I always look forward to seeing on here.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Great news @rhubarb73 so glad for you. I think you will be enjoying your holiday very much and will stare down any temptation!

Reactions: Debandez and Prem51

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks Debra. My doctor is happy for me. He’s a nice chap. I will try to leverage that goodwill. My intention is to write to him rather than use up an appointment I don’t need. If I can get him and his practice partners thinking I the “Southport” style that could do a lot of good in a rural area with an ageing population. Cheers - your positivity is something I always look forward to seeing on here.

You have a doctor to keep hold of! I love the written word to get points over too. It gives me time to focus on what to say and get points over clearly and concisely. We are all right behind you spreading the word Southport style. Ive written to dr unwin just this week telling him about our event. Im sure he will be as thrilled as we are. Fingers crossed for a reply. I love that my words are a positive in your life I smiled from ear to ear reading that. I am a glass half full kinda girl. I did sink quite low on diagnosis that said. Gutted i was. Not for long. I'm with you now in that my diagnosis was a blessing in disguise. Reversed my diagnosis. Lost 50 lbs in 6 months. Size 18/20 to size 12. Feeling fab in my skin. On top of the world. Learnt so much. Made friends. Helped other diabetics and non diabetics. Love the fact we might be able to change things for the better for diabetics. Together. One voice. Reading all the success stories is heartmelting. We have taken the bull by the horns. Helped ourselves. Sad that we have had to do that. No support. Ill advised. Nobody seems to understand how the body deals with sugar apart from mainly diabetics! Strange but true. Needs to change and hopefully we can help change things. I hope you are savouring every sip of your wine tonight. You certainly deserve that little treat.

Reactions: Prem51

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Well done on your great HbA1c and weight reductions @rhubarb73! :)
And thanks for the thread, it's always good to hear success stories, and gives hope to people who have recently been diagnosed.