Low Carb Breakfast Suggestions

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Hi everyone I’m looking for some lower carb breakfast suggestions I usually eat two slices of toast but I’m not to happy with my BGs afterwards I’m also a picky eater I hate eggs so no suggestions with eggs please :)

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Keto porridge, recipe available on Dietdoctor.com. Bacon and cold meats with cheese, berries with double cream or full fat greek yoghurt. Enjoy!

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Keto porridge, recipe available on Dietdoctor.com. Bacon and cold meats with cheese, berries with double cream or full fat greek yoghurt. Enjoy!
@Guzzler thanks guzzler :) just linked me to a great website with lots of low carb suggestions:D

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just discovered the Helmsley and Helmsley recipe for Flaxseed Rolls (free on their website). It is essentially made with ground flaxseed/linseed and the taste and texture is similar to Irish brown soda bread. I made a batch for the freezer.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Guzzler thanks guzzler :) just linked me to a great website with lots of low carb suggestions:D

Not too sure but I think they may also have a recipe there for keto granola. If not, there are recipes on YouTube for it. I'm not a brekky person so I make it up with a bulletproof coffee.

Reactions: Ziggy2017

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
I have just discovered the Helmsley and Helmsley recipe for Flaxseed Rolls (free on their website). It is essentially made with ground flaxseed/linseed and the taste and texture is similar to Irish brown soda bread. I made a batch for the freezer.
@PenguinMum the flaxseed rolls sound delicious :hungry:

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
Not too sure but I think they may also have a recipe there for keto granola. If not, there are recipes on YouTube for it. I'm not a brekky person so I make it up with a bulletproof coffee.
@Guzzler i can’t have coffe its bad for my heart

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@Guzzler i can’t have coffe its bad for my heart

I have decaff bulletproof these days. As you know, even decaff has trace amounts of caffeine so perhaps you are wise to avoid it. I have noticed that even the decaff sends my tinnitus wappy so I have to limit the amount I have if I want to have a decent night's kip.

Ziggy2017

Type of diabetes
Type 3
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes and injections
I have decaff bulletproof these days. As you know, even decaff has trace amounts of caffeine so perhaps you are wise to avoid it. I have noticed that even the decaff sends my tinnitus wappy so I have to limit the amount I have if I want to have a decent night's kip.
@Guzzler best to avoid it completely for me as I’ve had tachycardia and my dr says to stay off caffeine completely

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Skippy1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Have you already worked out the carb count for the rolls (just to save me the maths!)?
Thanks

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Because some of us have taste ;)

:D Must be just a "guy" thing... :cool:

image.jpeg

Reactions: SaskiaKC

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
I still really like toast so sometimes go for I slice of HiLo (5g carb, Sainsbury) or LivLife (3.9g carb, Waitrose). My current favourite topping is mashed avocado with lime juice and chilli topped with cold tomato. Also like mackerel pate topped with cucumber.
Grilled cheese or various nut butters or vegemite on low carb toast
Or fried halloumi, wilted spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, avocado!
Also if you want something more instant Aldi do a low carb, Paleo muesli which is good softened with Greek yoghurt.