Regular moderate exercise log

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Bench press last night and was astonished at how easy it felt, 95kg 5x5, then my coach tweaked a couple of things I had gotten complacent at and my word!! I did three singles and the 95kg felt like fresh air!! Hopefully I can keep the momentum going for the rest of the week.

Take care everyone.

Reactions: kev-w

Geoffno6

40 minutes on exercise bike not to be sniffed at. Glorious weather in Hannover - shorts and t-shirt and up to mid 20s every day. A very walkable city with plenty to see and do. Inadvertently wandered into the red light district yesterday afternoon!

I’m off to Hannover next week so glad to hear it’s very walkable :)
14k steps Monday but only 11k steps yesterday :-(

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m off to Hannover next week so glad to hear it’s very walkable :)
14k steps Monday but only 11k steps yesterday :-(

It’s fab. Only resorted to the ubahn once and that was because I was in a hurry. Really interesting town. Check out Food Brother for awesome burgers and there’s a great Turkish restaurant in a residential bit of the old town. Will try and find name and post later.

Editing to add restaurant details for @Geoffno6
Kreuzklappe, Kreuzkirchhof 5, 30159 Hannover, Germany

Tucked in between one of the old churches (Kreuz kirch) and a residential street.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just 10k steps today, plus Aquafit class and 20 mins swimming lengths afterwards.
My arms ache a bit now - its surprisingly hard pushing the ‘weights’ around under the water ( they are floats in the shape of dumbbells so the effort is keeping them submerged as well as moving them about)

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
A light gym session for me as I took my 11 year old for her induction there, did 3 sets of 60 crunches, lots of light bottoms up kettle bell press sets, some battle ropes (I'm enjoying these as they loosen my wrists up) then had a run and a row alongside the little one before getting her on a mat to introduce crunches and the plank.

Currently she disagrees she'll thank me for it later :p

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not much for me today either. Working from our sub office and stuck in meetings most of the day. 30 minute walk to catch bus first thing and a walk along the Thames in between meeting an old colleague and dinner plus assorted bits and bobs came to 14092 steps.

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just a leg session for me, I didn't finish work in time for the pool so took child to the gym, usual exercises but one legged so no squats, just a machine, in-between supervising child as I noticed poor form on the rowing machine :)

To finish I actually ran 2km on a treadmill :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Slightly more sensible start toady - 4.20 - but no early exercise bike. 17k steps with the aim of doing just enough in case 2 early starts were a stress factor for bg.

Reactions: Goonergal and kev-w

Geoffno6

It’s fab. Only resorted to the ubahn once and that was because I was in a hurry. Really interesting town. Check out Food Brother for awesome burgers and there’s a great Turkish restaurant in a residential bit of the old town. Will try and find name and post later.

Editing to add restaurant details for @Geoffno6
Kreuzklappe, Kreuzkirchhof 5, 30159 Hannover, Germany

Tucked in between one of the old churches (Kreuz kirch) and a residential street.

Thanks @Goonergal

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ridiculously early start yesterday and a slow day. Just over 10k steps getting from a to b plus a Pilates class. Have been moved up a level, so a bit more challenging than the beginners class I had been attending.

Reactions: DJC3 and kev-w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Rightly or wrongly feeling quite pleased with today. Doubled weights and did 3 sets of 6 of 10 exercises then 20 minutes exercise bike at a faster pace than usual with some sprints. Will be 15k steps. Nothing special but miles away from where I was in September.

Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs me thinks you’re being too modest. Sounds like a great effort.

Quite pleased with my day too. Intended an evening gym visit but ditched it in favour of a very long walk in the glorious late afternoon sunshine. Plotted a route from work back home alongside water and through parks. That walk alone was just over 20k steps (brisk). Added to 30 minute lunch time walk and various odds and ends step count of 29576, of which 24k were aerobic.

Feeling decidedly sleepy now.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some brilliant posts here today.
I did 15 mins hiit type exercise cycling before breakfast. Then a 1 hr rehab gym class this morning.
Just over 12k steps in all.

Reactions: kev-w and Geoffno6

kev-w

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Saturday shoulders, and again with the kettle bells before dumb bells, this one handed stuff's hard work but one more week of it coming up before going back to the usual stuff, I think as I age I'll have to find alternative methods for training to manage strains and the like.

Still good fun tho :)