What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks - well it is here - 0834 and counting.
I seem to have lost an hour yesterday so am slowly catching up to the time on one side or the other of that there thin metal line at Greenwich.
I have also, so it seems, at least on this occasion, gained points and flavours with the wheel of fortune, mystery and bedevelment and “won” a lackluster 6.1
Off the see the Cherry Blossom Parade this morning if only Mrs Miggins would get her act in gear.
Have a great day if you can, @jjraak - I was diddled with the armadillo meat - mine contained Pangolin - still low carb and high in arrest warrants.

Attachments

• 51C6E5EF-A5F5-4B13-B647-8D94F61FE1B7.jpeg
    51C6E5EF-A5F5-4B13-B647-8D94F61FE1B7.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 103

Chronicle_Cat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 for me, a bit higher than usual for me but yesterday was stressful.

My elderly mom (91 years in a couple of weeks) was complaining of tooth pain. We got a dentist to visit her yesterday and 2 teeth which are broken (she has very severe osteoporous) had abcessed so they had to come out. The dentist did the extraction right in her room at her long term care home. (A specialized service for nursing homes.) The dentist as lovely, he was over 70 himself, founded the service and has done "portable dentistry " in Africa. Despite her early-mid Alzheimer's, my mom was a real trooper throughout the procedure. I stayed with her for the rest of the day. Some pain yesterday but seems to be much better today, just overtired. I'll see her again in person tomorrow.

I saw the comment about the Scottish highlands and islands - I love them and have visited a number of times. The largest part of my heritage is Scottish (and my last name is Scottish) specifically from the islands - Uist & Skye. When I was a kid, my dad took us to the Highland Games in Fergus, Ontario every year and we go occasionally. My son-in-law from India absolutely loved them including the bagpipes. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My fasting blood sugar is 11.3 this morning at 5 am :(
Another on and off sleepless night after waking at 1am. I have a few other health problems which kept me awake.
I normally meditate before I get up (does that make any difference to my blood sugar levels?), but I needed the bathroom quick.

I’ll meditate later, am wide awake now. I can see dawn beginning. Looks like clear skies again, no clouds, and frost in the night. Looks quite a bit of wind for dawn, everything is usually perfectly still at dawn...

Have a great Sunday!
>^..^<

Bildad

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 for me when I arose at 5.30. Came down for a cup of tea to find one of my dogs had returned a pile of plastic bits that he had knawed off a plastic chew toy he had for his birthday on Thursday.
It is a lovely sunny morning here although rather cold. The dogs have been out and finally I have my tea!
Have a good day everyone

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. @Bildad hope your dog is feeling OK. One of our Labradors has damaged a claw. He is walking ok but nearly hits the roof if you try to touch it.

We are off for a lovely walk around an Abbey then lunch at an old inn. The vet said it is ok to go and he will take it off Monday if it hasn't fallen off by then.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 for me when I arose at 5.30. Came down for a cup of tea to find one of my dogs had returned a pile of plastic bits that he had knawed off a plastic chew toy he had for his birthday on Thursday.
It is a lovely sunny morning here although rather cold. The dogs have been out and finally I have my tea!
Have a good day everyone

Ooh that’s never a nice thing to come face to face with first thing in the morning! But thank goodness the plastic came back up - the sharp fragments can cause nasty problems if they get further down. Glad he is ok now.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.3 this morning. @Bildad hope your dog is feeling OK. One of our Labradors has damaged a claw. He is walking ok but nearly hits the roof of you try to touch it.

We are off for a lovely walk around an Abbey then lunch at an old inn. The vet said it is ok to go and he will take it off Monday if it hasn't fallen off by then.

Ouch that sounds painful for him. The thought of his poor damaged claw falling off is making my toes curl! Our dog used to hate her feet being touched at all - they just seemed really sensitive although we could never find any problem with them.