What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Prem51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
My son-in-law from India absolutely loved them including the bagpipes. :)
India has it's own bagpipes, called Mashak, popular in the North, and parts of Pakistan and Afghanistan. There are Indian military pipe bands.

Screenshot 2019-04-14 at 07.34.28.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-04-14 at 07.34.28.png
    Screenshot 2019-04-14 at 07.34.28.png
    850.9 KB · Views: 106

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ouch that sounds painful for him. The thought of his poor damaged claw falling off is making my toes curl! Our dog used to hate her feet being touched at all - they just seemed really sensitive although we could never find any problem with them.
Our younger lab has very sensitive feet also but there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them.

I am just hoping the vet is right and we don't have to carry him back to the car. We tried to put a protective shoe on but it hurt him. The claw does look as though it might drop off soon - so hopefully it will.

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Yes, you should test immediately on getting up. Taking a shower or any other activity will make your BG go up. :)
Hi daisy Thats an innteresting comment.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Good morning friends.

Po the newbie here

Well this is my first week of testing every morning.
I began injecting for the very first time this week with insulin each evening at 22:00 on Monday 9th April.

Tuesday my reading was 7.8
Wednesday 5.6
Thursday 5.8
Friday 5.4
Saturday 4.6
Sunday 5.3

So thats a list my readings on my first week.

Check back in tomorrow for the next thrilling installment!

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. A whopping 9.6 at 8.30 this morning but I forgot to test until after my shower (Other things on my mind). Just off for my MRI scan on my inner ears. Trying hard not to stress about it but maybe that had added to the high score too?? Have a good day folks.:)

Last edited:

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi daisy Thats an innteresting comment.
Oh! I just noticed I've got two hearts... not litterally sillly that would make me like 'The Doctor' She is fab don't you think.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Morning all. A whopping 9.6 at 8.30 this morning but I forgot to test until after my shower (Other things on mt mind). Just off for my MRI scan on my inner ears. Trying hard not to stress about it but maybe that had added to the high score too?? Have a good day folks.:)
Good morning dogslife good luck with your MRI no need to stress... Breath in and... r e l a x.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.5 today

lovely day yesterday here, very sunny with only a chilly wind for part of the day ;) not looking quite so clear and a bit windier today but I hope to get a bit of gardening done later and perhaps a walk with the little dog after Sunday meal at mum's.

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.0 at 08.30 after unwise Indian t/a choices and half a bottle of dry Rose.
I really should know better. Well todays another day.
@gennepher hugs for another bad nights sleep. You know what you and the kitty need to do!
@DJC3 I am visualising the howling winds and sea spray.
Hope all the canine friends are ok and on the mend.
Enjoy Sunday. Stay well, stay safe.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@dogslife hope the scan goes well and you get the earplugs like you would for a whole body scan. Enjoy the party at the old folks home afterwards.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who will push the boundaries, any old boundaries will do.
A surprising 7.1 for me this morning after a late full on roast with the family, now I have to get back on the warfarin and diabetic path.

I have had a request from the grandchildren to make a bomber for them to play with, not any old small one, one with 4 engines and a wing span of approximately 3 feet, .
What worries me about this project is my garden is on a slope and I can see the little horrors flying the bomber down the slope dropping stink bombs on me's.

Sorry no metric dimensions, remember we are British. Qué the sound track to the dambusters film.

OrsonKartt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
over selling.... oh so many things are enthusiastically oversold
Morning all. It was so cold here this morning that my fingers just didnt want to give up the precious red stuff. It took me 4 goes to get enough of the bleeding stuff out to give me a 4.9

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Hi PM Thank you for welcome... I am going to enjoy being here of that I certain...

Yes welcome, lots of advice, the good, the bad and the ugly.
Remember most of us are not medically trained and a few ( no names ) are not potty trained either .

Reactions: gennepher

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.0 at 08.30 after unwise Indian t/a choices and half a bottle of dry Rose.
I really should know better. Well todays another day.
@gennepher hugs for another bad nights sleep. You know what you and the kitty need to do!
@DJC3 I am visualising the howling winds and sea spray.
Hope all the canine friends are ok and on the mend.
Enjoy Sunday. Stay well, stay safe.

Hopefully the howling winds at least will have ceased by the time you get down in June.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
4.8 for me when I arose at 5.30. Came down for a cup of tea to find one of my dogs had returned a pile of plastic bits that he had knawed off a plastic chew toy he had for his birthday on Thursday.
It is a lovely sunny morning here although rather cold. The dogs have been out and finally I have my tea!
Have a good day everyone
nice present!!