Yogurts

Mini24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi i have just be told i am diabetes and waiting to see diabetes team. But until then I am stuck on what I can and not eat ie what yogurts can eat low in sugar e t.v. Thanks

Reactions: Freema

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Your best bet will be unflavoured greek style full fat yoghurts.
Which country do you live in we may be able to gives specifics.. where do you usually shop?

Reactions: Freema and 1spuds

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi i have just be told i am diabetes and waiting to see diabetes team. But until then I am stuck on what I can and not eat ie what yogurts can eat low in sugar e t.v. Thanks
Hi Mini,

Your profile says you're prediabetic, you yourself state you're diabetic.... Can I for the moment assume you're a T2 and you haven't been put on medication yet?

For now, full fat Greek yoghurt is good. Check the carbohydrate content; the lower, the better. Since you can't live off of yoghurt alone, try avoiding carb-heavy foods like potatoes, rice, pasta, bread (or anything made out of flour really), and fruits, save for berries, those are fine. Perfectly okay to eat are meat, fish, eggs, poultry, above ground veggies and leafy greens, extra dark chocolate, olives, walnuts, pecans etc, cheese, clotted cream, mushrooms, that sort of thing. Might want to check dietdoctor.com as well for meal ideas. No need to go hungry or run on yoghurt.

That should get your bloodsugars down.

Jo

Reactions: Antje77

Mini24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your best bet will be unflavoured greek style full fat yoghurts.
Which country do you live in we may be able to gives specifics.. where do you usually shop?
Hi i live in the UK shop at tesgo and sainsbury s thanks

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Full fat Greek Yoghourt. I eat tons of it. Normally with frozen or fresh strawberries or raspberry’s or frozen mixed berries. And with double cream. I used to add sweetner but have stopped now.

Most if not all the supermarkets stock it.

Reactions: johnb69 and Freema

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The pots of yoghurt are labelled "Natural" rather than "Full Fat". As with all food and drink check the carb content on the label. About 5g per 100g or less is typical for this type of yoghurt.

Reactions: 1spuds

Mini24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you so much.I am type 1 and on metformin once a day than 2,than 3 .sorry to be a pain but still need help.what about ice cream.soft drinks full sugar drinks thanks

Reactions: Freema and 1spuds

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you so much.I am type 1 and on metformin once a day than 2,than 3 .sorry to be a pain but still need help.what about ice cream.soft drinks full sugar drinks thanks
You need to be clear about your diagnosis and add it to your profile. I don't think it is possible to be pre-diabetic and Type 1.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A type one with just metformin? No insulin? Are you absolutely positive? Just checking, as people have been given wrong advice just because of a simple typo sometimes. ;)

D

Deleted Account

@Mini24 as you are just diagnosed, is it possible your doctor is not sure which type of diabetes you have so has started you on metformin until the type is confirmed?

Mini24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi thanks for the advice it is driving me mad.the doctor just said diebetit and left me so what do I do

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. It sounds like your GP isn't the best; you may need to do some chasing to get a confirmed status. Ref drinks, avoid completely any with added sugar. You need to keep the carbs down as well as sugar which will help get the BS back down. A firm diagnosis will help define the best medication.

Mini24

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks it is driving me mad i am scared to eat anything with carbs.is porridge okay

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks it is driving me mad i am scared to eat anything with carbs.is porridge okay
Not likely. Most of us respond badly to porridge. It’s a grain and grains are carbs.

Sorry.

Eggs in any form, bacon, grain free granola (google it), Greek style yogurt, berries, leftovers, anything you fancy that’s low carb. Doesn’t have to be traditional breakfast food. That’s just a recent western convention.

Colin Crowhurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Lets give you some good news......Breakfast without Carbs is easy, Egg & Bacon ! Enjoy that for a bit! If you can get a copy of "Carbs & Cals" or download the app, full details are on there for carb counting!