Type 1'stars R Us

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My blood sugar is back in range, I don't know whether that correction was necessary because now I'm dropping pretty quickly. I'll do my long sigh like Bob's burger's daughter Tina

Attachments

• tina.png
    tina.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: Juicyj and WuTwo

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, woke to 2.5 on Libre, 4.1 on meter - think I'd been sleeping on the Libre and didn't feel hypo so trusted my meter. Breakfast, walk, then off for a routine blood test and of course by the time I want to get in the car and drive it's 7.4 and plummeting, 5 something on meter, grab a biscuit and go - home again to 10.7, pah! But it's Friday, there's nothing else I need to do today except what the hell I like so I expect I'll spend most of it watching @Knikki break dancing. Have a good one everyone

Reactions: Juicyj

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Morning ... if you are all good today, I'll let you have an extra day at the weekend.
Seems to be a morning a wrong BGs. Mine went low during the night. I woke a bit groggy at 6:30 and didn't test until 7:15 when I realised I was in the 3s but still too groggy to think clearly. So it took me a few minutes to realise my GlucoTabs were still in the study! All sorted now and just enjoyed a breakfast fruit salad of melon, bald peaches and nana. Yum!
Yesterday, I went to find some specs. I think I have mentioned I have a pin head (to add to me tiny feet). This means I need kids' glasses (and kids' socks). There are pros and cons with this - the pros are cost (although I still have to pay VAT). The cons are stupid colours and patterns on the arms. Even when I was a kid I would have wanted plain black specs (apart from the glass bits) but this is not possible. I found some nice metallic blue-grey frames ...except they had mustard yellow arms. Why? Why? Why?
Ho hum. I'll have to stick with my (big adults') ready readers for a bit longer.
Can you take the arms off a cheap pair and remodel?

Reactions: WuTwo

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Phew, home! Sainsbury's not too crowded and we got everything we think we need. I got the new edition of Vegan Living which is my favourite mag by far, and it has some scrummy recipes. One of them is going to be cooked for next Sunday's dinner - Smoky BBQ Jackfruit ribs, which involves seitan with jackfruit mixed in! Looking forward to trying that.

Other than that - having a quiet few minutes while himself sorts out the dogs' brekkies (tiny tummies need more than one meal a day).

Sounds like we all had bloods with a mind of their own, except Japes whose blood was beaten into submission by Jaffa cakes!
@WuTwo numpty question of the day - what is seitan?

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning.

Day started interesting with three different BSL Machine all giving completely different readings :rolleyes::hilarious: and way usual low carb 95 gram brekky :joyful: and I wont show the some what interesting xDrip graph that looked like a trip to the Marinas Trench:hilarious:

Anyway had coffee and BSL is back more reasonable figures just waiting for the rise to come but not worried now used to it so can counter act it with out much drama.

Getting odd looks in work, because I am building my systems again (don't ask) while listening to dance music and bopping around in my chair.

5eiaub.gif
Must be the weather - my FBS this morning was 5.9 from right hand and, seconds later because it was a little high for me, 4.8 from left hand!

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Happy Friday all and hello long weekend, i'm so pleased to see you !!

After a week of tackling my borders and many hypos, i've discovered the best time to do the gardening is in the morning, I did an hour this morning of digging and planting and started around 9 mmol/l after eating breakfast and an hour later cruised in at 6.3mmol/l - happy days and good blood glucose numbers today for me :)

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
@WuTwo numpty question of the day - what is seitan?

Umm, depending on the recipe - and I'll go by my favourite - it's a mix of tofu, vital wheat gluten, nutritional yeast, and assorted herbs and spices. It comes out of the food processor as a lump which is split into whatever size bits you want, and then steamed. Once steamed it's available to be used however you want - you can fry it, grill it, bake it, slice it and put it in casseroles etc.

The great thing is that depending on what you want to use it for, you can add any herbs and spices, and use any marinade or sauce that you want.

vegan-seitan-tenders-chicken-breast-basic-homemade-easy-marinade-recipe-from-scratch-strips-cutlets-07.jpg

The recipe I'm thinking of adds jackfruit to the mix and cooks it as a solid loaf wrapped in foil.

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People whose attitude says "Me, my opinion, my desire is greater and more important than anyone else"

And to whom the principle of ahimsa is a closed book that they refuse to open because it would make life more difficult for them.
It's very high protein, low carb and low cal. I mean - perfect or what?

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hope some of you are having a carb filling friday, my bf and I do takeaway saturday - either homemade or shop bought every now and then. :hilarious:

I'm trying to get a good deal on books but £4 less for secondhand or £4 more for brand new? Why are books so expensive? :shifty:

My bf was trying to help me with testing and I finger pricked and waited for him to put the test strip in, then I went to squeeze my finger and blood splattered all over him and he looked so shocked like where is all this blood coming from?! :hilarious:

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
I love the works for books @MeiChanski they do have some gems in there.

Looks good @WuTwo it's made me feel quite hungry too :)

Reactions: MeiChanski

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

They make me go red as like @Knikki I tend to run them too hot and then when I am in I will trickle the hot water in as well :)

If I have the water very hot then it drops my bloods like a stone - it's one of my favourite tricks if I'm high and was thinking of having a tub anyway.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
  • Just had my lunch in the garden, sun is playing a bit of hide and seek at the moment, then out again at 2.10pm to collect children :)

Reactions: Juicyj and WuTwo

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

I just had lunch. I am stuffed. Good job there's a long time to go before dinner!

Hey - what about this for a happy thing! The magazine I like - Vegan Living - offers annual subscriptions paid for in one lump, which I couldn't afford. Today I got an offer for an annual sub for half price - which I could afford! So I have subscribed for a year and am so grateful.

Reactions: karen8967

Fairygodmother

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bigotry, reliance on unsupported 'facts', unkindness, unfairness.
Good afternoon pumpers and prickers, from a chair in younger daughter’s back garden. It seems you’ve all been having interesting bloods so hope the weekend’s smooth.
Wonderful day yesterday - younger grandson came away with Mars Orange hands and shorts bottom from the Mars Rover navigation testing ground, older grandson proved to be a great Mars nerd and daughter and I really enjoyed it too! Lots of different systems to see, including all the older men with hair and beard nets working on the electrics of the real stuff (only one woman, grrrrrrrr), and the totally sealed and clean room in which the real rover’s assembled.
From the outside the place looks like a collection of old sheds that need an update, but on the inside it’s cutting edge.
Just wish there weren’t so much of this space stuff being built for humans who want to blow each other up or prove they’ve done it all first. Competition’s rife. Will NASA share info about non-defence discoveries with ESA, and vice versa? Not much.

Reactions: karen8967

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just catching up, whilst sipping a G&T! I feel excitement in the air for a bank holiday weekend. Pheasant in oven roasting, all veg pre cooked ready to blast in steamer. Hungry as had nothing since 6am. Did my swim training, a ton of housework, made choc buns for husband and prepared meal. Son coming to eat as partner and child away and he’s on first of two nights tonight. (Copper) Amazingly since a post swim correction to knock Adrenalin rush on head, have remained on a 6 for the last four hours.
Have a good weekend one and all!

WuTwo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes

@becca59 - yep, the town is filling up which is my signal to stay out of it until they go home.

Once the summer season really gets going I don't go into the town at all - not worth the hassle. But after the bank holiday there'll be another couple of weeks before it's unbearable so I'll have a short time left when I it's OK there.

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Canteen food in general is quite interesting, I remember the time when I was in secondary school and it was mostly packed sandwiches, cups of pasta with beans and cheese with sides of yogurt and fruits. Packed lunch sounds like a good idea tbh :hilarious:No chips Friday? my inner chip loving self is rioting.

Yep, that's mostly what's on offer and why I have a packed lunch. When very low carb was controlling what had initially been diagnosed as T2 canteen eating was a nightmare and I gave up even trying. I stick with it for most of the time now still except on Fridays when, I'm on duty with a student at lunchtime, and I am entitled to a free meal in those circumstances. It means I've had a good chance to practise bolusing for chips ever since I went on to insulin, as chips are always on the Friday menu.

As I had no student I'd've had to pay for chips at work today... I am a cheapskate because they are not as good as chip shop chips and I'd rather have those on a long walk day! Plus, we had party food to finish...

MeiChanski

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yep, that's mostly what's on offer and why I have a packed lunch. When very low carb was controlling what had initially been diagnosed as T2 canteen eating was a nightmare and I gave up even trying. I stick with it for most of the time now still except on Fridays when, I'm on duty with a student at lunchtime, and I am entitled to a free meal in those circumstances. It means I've had a good chance to practise bolusing for chips ever since I went on to insulin, as chips are always on the Friday menu.

As I had no student I'd've had to pay for chips at work today... I am a cheapskate because they are not as good as chip shop chips and I'd rather have those on a long walk day! Plus, we had party food to finish...
It's been 10 years since I finished GCSE and I thought school things would have changed by now, but apparently not. Chip shop chips? now we are talking. :hilarious: I tend to find takeaway food or greasy food in general more difficult to bolus for, but we'll keep practising.