Cobs nuts

carol43

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
There is a tree in our village park which is covered in cobs nuts this year. Are these OK to have? If I get to them before the squirrels have them all.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cob nuts are hazelnuts aren’t they? In which case they are around 6g carbs per 100g without their shells

Gaffer type 1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Food lol
Nuts are good, all nuts, not many that isnt bad for you. Omega 3 oils
Obviously salted is a no no, almonds walnuts, pistachio are best for us More than the rest, so I would hurry before them **** squirrels get to them.
There is a tree in our village park which is covered in cobs nuts this year. Are these OK to have? If I get to them before the squirrels have them all.

Gaffer type 1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Food lol
I mentioned pistachio as it reduces bad clorestral but u are right

D

Deleted member 308541

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nuts are good, all nuts, not many that isnt bad for you. Omega 3 oils
Obviously salted is a no no, almonds walnuts, pistachio are best for us More than the rest, so I would hurry before them **** squirrels get to them.
Why is salted a no no ?

Gaffer type 1

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Food lol
Less salt the better in our predicament as salt raises our blood pressure which in turn gives us more chance of contracting heart disease

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was being sarcastic @Rachox, I like my salt on meals etc. and I always take a small container of salt where ever I go.

Anti salt crusaders are like the anti meat mob in my book... :meh:
The article disproves the salt causing high blood pressure theory ;)

M

Member496333

I add copious amounts of salt to my food, and my blood pressure is always comfortably below 120/80, so it’s certainly not a given that salt in the diet causes high BP. My understanding is that hypertension is caused primarily by narrowing and calcification of the arteries forcing the heart to pump harder in order to achieve the same blood circulation.

D

Deleted member 308541

When my partner melts the chocolate for choco macadamias she puts a bit of salt in it. Yumm!
Dwe01us.gif