What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning 5.8. So reducing my basal for the second time this week due to weight loss too. :) :) :)
I highly recommend Roux-en-y for far far better type2 control and weight loss.
If I get my walking unaided and jogging back then I'll be singing from the roof tops.
7wks of diabetes delight.... so far. :)
So happy for you. Brilliant news. Great progress.

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I've come to the conclusion we need a sub heading to the thread 'main points to note' where we all just put one line of significant points!!! But that wouldnt be nearly as good would it, just time saving. I'm nearly there now, 15 to go!!!
I rate my known posters and read new posters (to me) at my leisure.. I'm delighted no pressure to be robotic. The reason I stopped posting my results on forum. Thank god for this human friendly one. ;)

I'd like to read every post made in the whole forum but I'd be so unavailable for my family so I pick and choose.
I'm sure posters understand when they hv to do the same. So don't worry. Friends always understand. Or should.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've come to the conclusion we need a sub heading to the thread 'main points to note' where we all just put one line of significant points!!! But that wouldnt be nearly as good would it, just time saving. I'm nearly there now, 15 to go!!!
like..
yesterday :sorry:
Today :D

;)

FBG a rather fetching 5.6....Mwhaaa x... thank you little meter of mirth & mayhem.

And @ickihun .
Such a long road for you.

Looking forward to continuing success for you.
and i love to read as many as possible..but it's not really as you say.

Quality not quantity, i guess is the order of the day.

have a good day all.
if not..there'll be another one along shortly:)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello, everyone. My meter picked out a nice sharp 7 for me this morning, for no reason other than that I ate better yesterday than I ate the day before. Or maybe it was paying me back for ignoring it all day yesterday. Or it could have been last night's long thunderstorm. Or none of the above.

I'm off on a mini-adventure after breakfast -- going to do a little exploring in my old neighborhood to see if I want to move back there. Social Security check got direct-deposited safely and is resting up at the bank -- it will be trotted out later today and end up a little bit spent.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBA71D7D-F1EF-4520-920D-3E2AF5DD5CF8.jpeg
D5FE86A7-AC28-4C3E-94DC-980A97F8CA43.jpeg
59CC71F8-4D48-4758-BE99-B8F06F65075D.jpeg

Some of the beautiful butterflies in my garden today...and one bumblebee taking off in flight...

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Very late posting from me and me's again. Mrs J had a long list of jobs and took slight issue at something I did and said last night at the pub quiz, why I know not, but we did come joint 1st.

A fresh 6.1 greeted me this morning.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very late posting from me and me's again. Mrs J had a long list of jobs and took slight issue at something I did and said last night at the pub quiz, why I know not, but we did come joint 1st.

A fresh 6.1 greeted me this morning.

I wish I'd been there, ours got canceled this week.

Reactions: ickihun

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not a brilliant sleep woken up at just before 5am with foot cramp...nothing you can do about it apart from get up!...looks like I'm off to London for work this morning...possibly there all day...what would I do without my coffee...woke to a 6.3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not a brilliant sleep woken up at just before 5am with foot cramp...nothing you can do about it apart from get up!...looks like I'm off to London for work this morning...possibly there all day...what would I do without my coffee...woke to a 6.3

Have a safe trip. :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Woke to 10.3 at 5 am

What to do today?
Photo more butterflies?
I seem to be having a few thousand of these 19 million migrating Painted Ladies.
There must be a sign in space pointing to my garden saying “gennepher’s butterfly garden”...

I am doing the U.K. butterfly count.
I have either to watch for 15 minutes (impossible with these numbers), or stand in front of the bush and count for 1 minute.
I chose the latter.
Still near impossible, so I am tracing my finger in the air through the bush, counting in 5’s, 5 10 15 20...until I got to 62 Painted Ladies, and then I had to remember how many and how many other different varieties of butterflies I saw. There were 3 more varieties, and they made the count to 102 butterflies in 1 minute.

But that was still only the front of the bush, not the other 3 sides or in the middle Olof the Buddleia bush. There was a heck of a lot more.

A tidy up first I think and a coffee....

Have a good day
Take care x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Take care
Avoid the cameras saying “Smile...”
Have a good day.

>^..^<

Reactions: Debandez