What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
fbg 10.2 this morning after the drama of yesterday . It was higher than that last night.

Got to get back on track again.

Also I need to make up a non fridge emergency pack (x10 probably) as a back up. We do get snowed for days at a time (but fridge food can, and has been, chucked in the snow if a power cut).

I couldn't even use my electric tin opener (in the power cut yesterday) to open a better tin of meat with no sauce (I cannot operate a manual one with my arthritis). The chicken with sauce had a ring pull.

Anyway, work on that later, today is sunny, and I am expecting clouds of butterflies in my garden today.

iPad is fully charged and at the ready to photo them. I can't use my digital camera cos my hands are not steady any more holding that tiny thing. But a tablet holding both sides I can hold steady.

I shall mither you lot later with photos of my beautiful butterflies...

>^..^<

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning folks. Sky is overcast and a bit fed up but the day, as ever, has prospects yet to be perceived.

The wonder wheel of feeding the ducks in the park and playing on the swings and slides gave a sturdy 5.8 this morning.

The TT’s (Little Misss Pamplemousse, Chaos and Mayhem) and their adults are still with us.We will be going over the moors to our little retreat later this morning - waterproofs and welly boots in the car.

Out fancy TV of yester-years thought, after 15 years of service, that it would pack in and die. No amount of switching it off and then on again would persuade it otherwise. Banging - no. It just sat there like a big lump of plastic. Fortunately a screwdriver and a multi-meter indicated that the tuning bit had packed in and it was quickly revived by plugging in a freeview box to act as a pacemaker. I think that we may need to look for another TV.

Have a great day if you can, hugs and virtual sticking plasters abound for all- must get back to Peppa Pig - they are at the exciting part where they chase the spotty ball.

Fndwheelie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An 8.2 this morning, after a high day yesterday, I’ve learned my lesson, panini for lunch is a big no-no, even on holiday. Felt really unwell as my sugars hit 15 in the evening, not so long ago that was a normal reading for me.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.0 today

A grey looking day in prospect but pleasantly warm (18'C) at the moment :)

It is a big couple of days in the area for 'shows' just now, the Black Isle show was yesterday (largest agricultural show), the 'Tartan Heart' music festival at Belladrum started yesterday and runs until Saturday and the Moy 'Field Sports' fair is today and tomorrow so it may be a quiet day in the charity shop today ;)

I'm hoping the rain will stay away today so that the weeds (was going to say grass :hilarious: ), we strimmed on Wednesday can be raked up this evening.

@jjraak hugs and another vote for counselling, you're just adding a new type of 'management' tool to your toolkit :)

Hope your day will treat you kindly :)

Last edited:

Viv19

6.6 this morning- I was hoping for less, but I’ve realised that bg is completely unpredictable. But I’ve lost more weight so that was a good number this morning.
I should be on the go but am prevaricating. Lots of food prep to do for OH’s birthday tomorrow. Thinking about No2 daughter’s birthday today. She’s happy in Oz but I miss her.

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all from a grey and dull Northeast (back to usual weather) well I have nearly recovered from my film debut for Milwaukee tools, well actually I didn't get in front of the camera something about cost of the lenses! so just ended up helping out. It did involve a long old shift which didn't impact on my sugars too much, mine and the better half,s coughs have now separated I cough all night into the morning and my wife coughs all day into the night and then its tandem coughing!! Anyway the meter of doom triumphantly threw a 9.1 at me and sat there glaring and daring me to touch it! I declined and left it there sitting in its own nastiness. So enjoy your weekend of debauchery and drinking games, card schools and eating as much takeaway as you can look at, or in my case levelling soil, grass cutting and ……..oh I nearly forgot going out for a lovely meal to celebrate 23 years of matrimony ! how could I forget, or try to.

Take care everyone.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a great day if you can, hugs and virtual sticking plasters abound for all- must get back to Peppa Pig - they are at the exciting part where they chase the spotty ball.

Not as good as jumping in muddy puddles! You might get to do some of that today. Have fun.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...trying to catch up on the posts here but it's difficult...my routine (if I ever had one) has been completely shot to pieces this last couple of weeks...late nights at work...very late nights/early mornings have proved a great distraction but very tiring...had a good sleep last night so hoping I can get all my paperwork & invoices done...woke to a 6.9

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 5.6 today. Just Dennis and me today, all by ourselves to do what we want. ( which in D’s case seems to be destroying the sofa)
@Viv19 good luck with the food prep for tomorrow, will it be a big party? Hugs for not being with your daughter on her bday though. Can you Skype or FaceTime?
@PenguinMum glad you are getting ion the plane. Have a great weekend.
@geefull I love a county show, will you be going to any of them?
@johnpol Happy Anniversary, glad the coughs are subsiding a bit.
@gennepher I wish you an ‘ordinary’ day! Good idea to get some suitable non- fridge food packs ready. Chocolate happily has quite a long shelf life.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An 8.2 this morning, after a high day yesterday, I’ve learned my lesson, panini for lunch is a big no-no, even on holiday. Felt really unwell as my sugars hit 15 in the evening, not so long ago that was a normal reading for me.

Kudos @Fndwheelie

Deciding to do something to improve your health.
For having the gumption to try this way of eating,
And having the wisdom to interperate the results in such a sensible fashion.

To paraphrase (rather corruptedly ;) )
This old saying.

And that was exactly were I was in the early days, making mistakes, but trying my best to learn from them.
It does get easier.. And much as I'd love a panini or a crusty roll, the taste just doesn't warrant the cost, imho.

So again Kudos to you, my friend.:)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all from a grey and dull Northeast (back to usual weather) well I have nearly recovered from my film debut for Milwaukee tools, well actually I didn't get in front of the camera something about cost of the lenses! so just ended up helping out. It did involve a long old shift which didn't impact on my sugars too much, mine and the better half,s coughs have now separated I cough all night into the morning and my wife coughs all day into the night and then its tandem coughing!! Anyway the meter of doom triumphantly threw a 9.1 at me and sat there glaring and daring me to touch it! I declined and left it there sitting in its own nastiness. So enjoy your weekend of debauchery and drinking games, card schools and eating as much takeaway as you can look at, or in my case levelling soil, grass cutting and ……..oh I nearly forgot going out for a lovely meal to celebrate 23 years of matrimony ! how could I forget, or try to.

Take care everyone.
happy anniversary johnpol hope you and the wife enjoy the meal have a fab day :)

Reactions: johnpol

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 = winner
111 more messages to read = winner (usually a much higher starting point!!!)

Back from 2 days (1 night) staying at Pwllheli haven site with daughter and family. Went there almost 30 years ago when she was a baby. Didn't even manage 1 night out of a week booked due to hurricane so never actually got to see site or surrounding area.

We were totally blown away, thankfully not by a hurricane this time! They have recently invested 13 million and extremely well. They have thought of everything and I mean EVERYTHING, there is even a play area for dogs!!

The highlight of our stay was seeing our 2 year old granddaughter zip wiring!

We took her into one of the arcades. Changed £1 into 2 pences via a machine. She straight away thought she had won the jackpot (and we encouraged that thought). So armed with 2ps we set off to win a small fortune. Sadly Miss 'I'm not parting with one coin' had different ideas. Granny and grandad ended up spending a small fortune on the £1 a go machines to win enough tickets to sink a battleship and get the coveted top prize worth 950 tickets. Our luck wasnt in, came away with 57 and a bottle of bubbles! That said it was probably the most amazing experience I've had in an arcade. Ive lived in Blackpool all my life and taken numerous little cousins into our arcades (I'm from a big Irish family and have over 100 cousins!!!). Time and time again I've tried to win a furry animal for them on the grabber machine to no avail, never give up though so still throw good money after bad. Anyway, I was in this arcade for less than 10 minutes. £1 for 4 go. Look at this little monkey (well lama!!!). Meet Lara. Cant tell you how ecstatic I was. The whole campsite was aware I'm sure. Anyway as I was saying, this is a fabulous site for all ages. Especially mine!!!

Attachments

• 20190731_194119_resized.jpg
    20190731_194119_resized.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: Viv19 and HarryBeau

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
This morning 5.8. So reducing my basal for the second time this week due to weight loss too. :) :) :)
I highly recommend Roux-en-y for far far better type2 control and weight loss.
If I get my walking unaided and jogging back then I'll be singing from the roof tops.
7wks of diabetes delight.... so far. :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 6.3 this morning. Leaving for the airport in a minute. Cant wait to see son in Dublin. Have a good weekend everyone. Stay well, stay safe

I've only bee away 2 days but missed so much! Sorry about that awful virus PM. Ypu went through the mill!! So glad you are feeling better especially so as that means you ate able to fly to Dublin to see your son. Enjoy the craik but espevially all the mummy hugs.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...trying to catch up on the posts here but it's difficult...my routine (if I ever had one) has been completely shot to pieces this last couple of weeks...late nights at work...very late nights/early mornings have proved a great distraction but very tiring...had a good sleep last night so hoping I can get all my paperwork & invoices done...woke to a 6.9

I've come to the conclusion we need a sub heading to the thread 'main points to note' where we all just put one line of significant points!!! But that wouldnt be nearly as good would it, just time saving. I'm nearly there now, 15 to go!!!

Reactions: Viv19 and HarryBeau