Slow release vrs normal

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Silly question:

Does the slow release metformin state it specifically on the box? Not had any issues with metformin since taking 3x 500mg a day for about a month now.

It does say "film coated"

New stuff is in a different box (different manufacturer) but does not state film coated.

Does the box always say "slow release" or extended release or what ever?

Just want to make sure i have always been on basic metformin and im not in a false sence of security so when i take the new stuff im not going to get issues.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It should state on the packet but may be abbreviated to SR (slow release) or ER (extended release). If you’re still unsure just pop back to the pharmacy and check with them.

Reactions: NaijaChick

Route 66

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I have just picked up a pack from the pharmacy which says Prolonged Release on it. It may say that.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. It may be marked SR or ER. I think I've also had some MR (Modified Release)

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No nothing like that i can see. Must be on the normal stuff to start with and still on the normal stuff now.

Got lucky that had no noticeable side effects to be honest so im happy to stay on the normal. I was just concerned that i was going to make a chance.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No nothing like that i can see. Must be on the normal stuff to start with and still on the normal stuff now.

Got lucky that had no noticeable side effects to be honest so im happy to stay on the normal. I was just concerned that i was going to make a chance.

I’ve been on it for over two years and tolerate it without side effects, so happy to remain on it. I’ve noticed several changes of manufacturer over my time on it, my current batch the tablets are oval instead of round even! o_O