Christmas Island H bomb.

lindisfel

Expert
A recent programme on this obscenity illustrated what young men of my generation looked like when young.
I was 18 in 1957 and it could have been me.
We had no blood glucose issues and we were almost without exception slim.
The pictures don't lie, nutritionists should ask themselves why?

God knows why the powers then exposed healthy young men (who later lost children to cancer) whilst the officers vacated the area altogether.
We can only assume.

These young men sat down with their backs to the explosion and saw the bones in their hands held up to their eyes.

During these times I was aware of all this and contemplated building my own fallout shelter when my family was young in the 60's and 70's.

Another obscenity in the Christmas Island blast was the seabirds in the sky in their thousands, on fire, like torches flying in the sky.

I don't know about our modern politicians but the planet seems to need a benevolent dictatorship to sort out the mess we humans make.
D.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 308541

It cant be that radioactive as it is / was a Australian detention centre for illegal immigrants on it, although it supposed to have closed in 2018.

The red crabs are doing well there tho'.

images

lindisfel

Expert
Hi Tipetoo,
One has to realize the products produced by the these explosions decay exponentially and many have been reduced to almost background in sixty years.

If there is any plutonium, that is very long lasting, and is not to be ingested or cell damage will result. Even depleted uranium can be a serious hazard if the dust is breathed into the lungs, alpha particles are not innocuous, evening they can't penitrate paper.
regards
D.

Last edited: