Newly Diagnosed!

AbbieRogers1

Hi there everyone! I’m new here I was diagnosed Type 1 on Halloween! Quite a scary time I’m still adjusting to everything feels like so much information to take in straight away! I thought it would be a good idea to a support forum

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to the forum, @AbbieRogers1.

Most people are asleep right now. Sure there will be lots more welcomes in the morning.

Reactions: Antje77

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello and welcome @AbbieRogers1 :)

Yes you'll find lots of sympathy and support here, many of us have been where you are, it is scary and bewildering to start with, it took me a while to adjust, my favourite saying to newly diagnosed is 'knowledge is power', learn as much as your brain can take as the more you know the better prepared you'll be, grab yourself a copy of 'Think like a pancreas' it's written by a type 1.

Also ask anything doesn't matter how silly or trivial, we are all here to help :)

Gracie204

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome to the forum. Don't be hesitant in putting any questions to the forum you may have, they are a knowledgeable lot!

It's scary being diagnosed as diabetic.

Halloween! What a time to discover you're diabetic. Was your Good Fairy on holiday?

Stay well and happy.

Edited by moderator

MattH892

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome to the forum Abbie

I was diagnosed back in May so know exactly how it feels. It seems like a massive information overload but don't panic, things start falling in to place naturally.

You made a good choice using the forum, I've found it super helpful.

Reactions: AbbieRogers1

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Welcome @AbbeyRogers1 !
The post-diagnosis period is rather daunting at first with so much to learn.
I can heartily agree with @Jucyj about getting hold of Think Like a Pancreas by Gary Scheiner - it covers just about anyhing you ever want to know and does it in an easily readable, and often quite amusing manner.

Reactions: AbbieRogers1

KesLouise

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello and welcome! I was diagnosed in July it’s a bit of a whirlwind isn’t it?

Reactions: MattH892

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Hi and welcome @AbbieRogers1 At the beginning it is a lot to learn, but it becomes pretty old hat after a while. You are newly diagnosed so your pancreas might still decide to make insulin off and on and that can make it even more difficult at the beginning. Always carry your favorite hypo treatment with you now!