Carnivore Corner

M

Member496333

Been eating nothing but eggs and ribeyes for a few days. This evening I rolled a 3.9 & 4.2 mmol/L pre & postprandial respectively :hilarious:

D

Deleted member 308541

Gunna marinate these chook legs in a mix of Nando's peri peri marinade and a good dash of their peri peri sauce, just to liven them up.

OjyaafD.jpg

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Gunna marinate these chook legs in a mix of Nando's peri peri marinade and a good dash of their peri peri sauce, just to liven them up.

OjyaafD.jpg
Did similar yesterday to accompany butcher sourced (real) burgers:

upload_2020-4-21_7-58-26.png

I made a silly mistake and let my daughter know there were more left over in the oven, about 4.....this morning the oven is empty!

(Little tip for those who haven't used this yet, use the Peri-Sauce (it is expensive) as this has 2.4 kg per 100, the marinade has much more).

Reactions: Goonergal
M

Member496333

No sauces or spices for me. Just animals and salt. I don't even use pepper these days. Think I've gone full-Saladino :shifty:

M

Member496333

3.8/4.0 pre/post. OMAD carnivore is preposterous. Current estimated HbA1c is 24 mmol/mol :wideyed:

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have tried the Nando's sauces and they are a bit tame. For a sauce to add to things this is the one.. http://www.enconasauces.co.uk/product-range/caribbean/encona-west-indian-original-hot-pepper-sauce/
There is also an extra hot version but that is just silly.

D

Deleted member 308541

D@n1el

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Other
I've just started Carnivore a few days ago. In less than 48 hours, it already improved my sleep, my humor, and my disposition. Carb cravings vanished. Apparently I get best FBG when my protein comes from 300g of fat ground meat instead of 5 or 6 eggs (omelettes) with bacon, but I don't know if this is just a coincidence (not long enough on carnivore to say it's always like that yet).

I have an issue since I was a kid, that is constipation. Since I've got into keto last November, it got way worse. My workaround before carnivore was to eat half avocado every other day, it helped. Now, on carnivore, is there a way to improve constipation? I am ruling out avocado and other vegetables, so I am getting fat from butter (and ghee butter), fat red meat, bacon etc.