So worried please help

Dippydolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I am type 2 on insulin last hbac1 was 82 I have had a lot of stress and anxiety in the last year but with Covid19 and the risk of death due to being overweight and higher hbac1 I am trying hard to get my numbers down I am trying to cut carbs and going out for a walk daily but it’s playing on my mind about the death due to higher hbac1

Reactions: LaoDan

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
The additional risk factors are type of diabetes and whether you have good control of your blood sugars.
Cutting carbs will help a lot.
What do you eat usually? Are you strictly carb counting and using a meter?

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
Try not to stress about things you cannot control, focus on the things in your life you have some control over, push those in a positive direction, things will fall into place..,

Reactions: NicoleC1971

Paulbirch

My last 3 readings were 15.5 14.5 and 12.5. I'm on Metformin 500 once a day. I'm eating well finallgafinally exercise daily for theathe last few weeks had cancer last year (kidney removed)
I'm stressing out but hopefully a higher dose of pills and continuing to eat exercise better will help.
The sad thing is I'm feeling healthier than ever

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
It is great that you are getting your numbers down but if you let us know what you eat on a typical day, or what you miss eating, we might be able to offer suggestions to improve your blood sugars even more.

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
My last 3 readings were 15.5 14.5 and 12.5. I'm on Metformin 500 once a day. I'm eating well finallgafinally exercise daily for theathe last few weeks had cancer last year (kidney removed)
I'm stressing out but hopefully a higher dose of pills and continuing to eat exercise better will help.
The sad thing is I'm feeling healthier than ever
Glad you are feeling better and doing what you can to improve your risk should you catch this.
I think you can really help yourself by getting out in the sunshine and possibly supplementing with vitamin D/zinc; though there is no proven benefit there's a lot of linkage to low vitamin D status and worse reaction to infection. Zinc is an important part of our immune reaction.
On the optimistic side, given the unlikeliness of getting a vaccine, the virus infection rate has peaked and is likely to continue to decline in spite of any relaxation in the lockdown rules.

Reactions: Paulbirch

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I am type 2 on insulin last hbac1 was 82 I have had a lot of stress and anxiety in the last year but with Covid19 and the risk of death due to being overweight and higher hbac1 I am trying hard to get my numbers down I am trying to cut carbs and going out for a walk daily but it’s playing on my mind about the death due to higher hbac1
I'm scared too. Anxiety has always ruled my life, and now all of a sudden there really IS something to be afraid of. My phobia's are not an irrational fear anymore, and my avoiding people is suddenly entirely justified. Bizarre, really, and it still boggles my mind. So you're not alone there. (I wish I could wrap up my equally vulnerable friends and family in bubble wrap and store them on a shelf until this is all over though. Yeesh.)

So, Covid-19 is out there. Can't do much about that, the genie's out of that particular bottle. What you CAN do, aside from following the general rules, is cut the carbs, so Corona doesn't have a whole lot to work with against you. Medication can only do so much, it really is the carb cutting that'd make the most difference. And that's something you do have control over, so, yay...! (It's nice to find something, anything, you have a say in, these days!).

https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html <-- have a read, maybe it'll be of use. And stay safe eh... Hope you'll feel better soon!
Jo

Dippydolly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I woke with a reading of 15! I skipped breakfast went out for a walk for 30 minutes came back reading of 14! Only drunk water just gone to test again and have my insulin before lunch and it’s 12 only had a boiled egg and some tuna for lunch will now wait and see what my levels are just don’t understand what is going off I cannot get hold of my DN

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
You need to match your insulin with the carbs, can your DN help?

Andy_Warlow

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cycling,
A good way to get your Blood sugars down, is to adopt intermittent fasting. But speak to your doctor before trying. As it may not be good with your medication. But it helped me big time. The only problem sometimes you get a slight spike down to your liver dumping sugar. As your body thinks your getting to low, to give you energy. But that spike shouldn't last long.

Benjamin 72

To get your blood sugar down is going to take a while. It isn't instant. lossing weight is going to take time. You are at risk of many health issues with your diabetes not just covid. Winter flu could kill you. It's down to a compromised immune system. Stress and anxiety isn't good either.

I've done keto and intimitent fasting and it did work but it doesn't now. I've been offered insulin but I put way to much weight on with it.

It could take months to get your blood sugars down and weight loss. Your body doesn't always react the way we want it too. Medications have side effects. Weight gain etc.

It's not easy being diabetic and it's not easy getting out for control.