Type 1 Cp ratio dafne

misspinky1984

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible people
Hello I’m type 1 on insulin pump and have done dafne I wonder does anyone have carb ratio chart I have a dafne book and in process of moving think I put it in storage ‍♀️♀️ currently am on 1-1 ratio checked basal rates they are perfect so sugars still running high thanks in advance x

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello I’m type 1 on insulin pump and have done dafne I wonder does anyone have carb ratio chart I have a dafne book and in process of moving think I put it in storage ‍♀️♀️ currently am on 1-1 ratio checked basal rates they are perfect so sugars still running high thanks in advance x

Misspinky - I'm not t1, an insulin user, and never mind using a pump, but reading your post here, surely if you carb count accurately, for a 1:1 ratio, if your meal/snack/whatever adds up to 27 gr carb, you need 27 units?

Obviously, I may be totally misunderstanding what you ask. If so, it could be helpful for those who want to respond if you clarified a bit?

misspinky1984

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Horrible people
Misspinky - I'm not t1, an insulin user, and never mind using a pump, but reading your post here, surely if you carb count accurately, for a 1:1 ratio, if your meal/snack/whatever adds up to 27 gr carb, you need 27 units?

Obviously, I may be totally misunderstanding what you ask. If so, it could be helpful for those who want to respond if you clarified a bit?

Hi so basically my insulin basal rate is fine when I don’t eat and I weigh all my food out prior to eating and sugar 6 and after eating sugars are 12 and that’s 4 hours later so with Dafne ( dose adjustment for normal eating) I think I need different ratio but been on this ratio for ever so confusing me a bit

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi so basically my insulin basal rate is fine when I don’t eat and I weigh all my food out prior to eating and sugar 6 and after eating sugars are 12 and that’s 4 hours later so with Dafne ( dose adjustment for normal eating) I think I need different ratio but been on this ratio for ever so confusing me a bit

Hi,

If you were to eat 20g of carbs how many units of insulin would you take for it?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Normally 2 units but that isn’t enough
Ratio's are vastly different in different people, and even on different times of the day. I need a lot more insulin for the same amount of carbs in the morning than I do in the evening.

Can you ask your consultant or DSN to help you work out ratio's which are taylored to your needs?
The 1 unit of insulin to 10 grams of carbs is meant as a starting point from which to work out your personal ratio's.

Good luck!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Normally 2 units but that isn’t enough

Is this happening systematically, pretty much with every meal?

If you were to give a correction dose? How many mmol's will a unit of insulin drop your BG? (Aprox.)

Japes

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
In DAFNE-speak - 1:1 ratio is 1 unit of insulin to 1 CP. (CP meaning Carb Portion. I portion is 10g of Carbs) I only used it whilst I did DAFNE as I found that way of calculating more confusing than 1:unit of Insulin to 10g of Carbs. It's the standard starting point, and DSNs help adjust as you go along.