Batteries for machine

ariaxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I’ve bought Panasonic and Duracell batteries for my machine but they stop working after 2 weeks- a month. What batteries can I get for my accucheck machine that lasts for months?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
They shouldn't be running out that fast, they really shouldn't, in the space of about 3 years I had to replace the batteries in my Accu-check Aviva Expert once and I think because I'd registered on the Accu-check site I could get them to send me a voucher for new batteries (had to use at Boots I think), it's possible the machine is faulty if its using the battery up in that short a time.

ariaxo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
They shouldn't be running out that fast, they really shouldn't, in the space of about 3 years I had to replace the batteries in my Accu-check Aviva Expert once and I think because I'd registered on the Accu-check site I could get them to send me a voucher for new batteries (had to use at Boots I think), it's possible the machine is faulty if its using the battery up in that short a time.
Oh wow okay. Where do I get a new one, do I need to contact my diabetic nurse or?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh wow okay. Where do I get a new one, do I need to contact my diabetic nurse or?
Either that or talk to Accu-check, they will probably replace it for you (possibly quicker than your DN) or at least try and work out what's going wrong

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have used the Energiser 2032 batteries for years, both in various electrical devices including testing meters and have great usage from them.

My new meter takes two of them with a life of 1000 tests, My Accuchek and Abbot meters went over a year for replacement.

I got my new Contour Next meter free from Ascencia here.

The batteries cost $10.00 for a packet of four from most electrical goods and supermarkets like this one.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When putting the batteries into the many and various devices I have I use a tissue so I do not touch them - I know that my skin doesn't react with metal in the same way as some people, who can leave finger prints etched into batteries, but just to make sure of a good connection, I handle batteries with care.
As the tester is obviously something you might need to rely on at some point, I advise every care of it and the batteries used in it.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve bought Panasonic and Duracell batteries for my machine but they stop working after 2 weeks- a month. What batteries can I get for my accucheck machine that lasts for months?

Hi,

If you phoned Roche (the company that make these machines.) & tell them you are T1, they will send you a replacment meter.

What model of meter are you using.
Have you been keeping your meter in a cold environment?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I don’t know about Roche, but Spirit Health who I buy my Caresens Dual strips from provide batteries free of charge.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've got the Accu-check combo pump and expert blood testing machine and get batteries free from Roche. Was told to change batteries in handset every 2 or 4 weeks (sorry can't remember which). With my first pump which had the same handset the batteries lasted a lot longer, no idea why.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've got the Accu-check combo pump and expert blood testing machine and get batteries free from Roche. Was told to change batteries in handset every 2 or 4 weeks (sorry can't remember which). With my first pump which had the same handset the batteries lasted a lot longer, no idea why.
Pumps/pump handsets do go through batteries a lot faster than the blood glucose meters though and I think that was what @ariaxo was talking about (though I could be wrong). My expert meter lasted ages on its batteries for instance

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh sorry.
Have been surprised why my second expert meter handset with pump (same as first with pump), should go through batteries much quicker tho. Don't want to derail the OP post, but it's always puzzled me.

Sparks1224

Hello,
I have had the same problem with my meter of nine months where the batteries started to run flat. First time was after approx six month. Emailed the manufacturer for recommended battery which turned out to be Panasonic .I had tried "top" brands with good use by dates so I tried these to only have the same problem. Emailed manu again and have been sent a replacement meter. The meter is a different model though and as such has not been used. My intention was to get the download lead and software to transfer the data to computer and I have been told the lead etc is compatible for both so will sort.
In the mean time I have found that removing the batteries and tray between tests sorts the problem. Sometimes I have forgotten and get the flat battery code or no readout. I remove the batteries and hold them in the palm of my hands and bingo sorted. This usually sorts things until they get left in again. The current batteries have been used for three or four weeks and have been through the palaver (as I call it) a number of times.
I must warn DO NOT heat them with any heat sources as with all batteries they can explode.