Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @Riva_Roxaban it didn't work. Although I downloaded it, it wouldn't open. I get a message saying For security reasons your phone is not allowed to install unknown apps from this source
Ideas?

Yep, go into phone settings, then security. Then tick a box in "unknown sources?"
Which should allow app installation from trusted & unknown sources..
The try again... You may get another prompt asking if you allowi it? Click yes.

Reactions: SueJB and Antje77

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Yep, go into phone settings, then security. Then tick a box in "unknown sources?"
Brilliant @Jaylee I've found security but all it's letting me do is scan, no little tick boxes as you said. More ideas how to do this, to be honest it's so frustrating, I'm thinking of going back to pricking

Last edited:

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Thanks @Jaylee the security setting is only allowing me to scan, don't get any little tick boxes. Baffled where to look and if I'm even looking in the right place. Knew being diagnosed T1 so late in life would be a real poo. can't cope thought getting a sensor would make things easier but xdrip is just a beast, seriously overwhelmed.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @Jaylee the security setting is only allowing me to scan, don't get any little tick boxes. Baffled where to look and if I'm even looking in the right place. Knew being diagnosed T1 so late in life would be a real poo. can't cope thought getting a sensor would make things easier but xdrip is just a beast, seriously overwhelmed.
Hi, did you go into your phone settings & find security. Then get an option similar to this?

Screenshot_2021-05-24-20-52-49.jpg

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Can you clarify. Did you manage to install Xdrip??

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Can you clarify. Did you manage to install Xdrip??
Thanks @Jaylee, just managed it so now there's a conversation going on between Miaomiao and sensor, it's taking quite a while to collect initial readings.
I really appreciated the pics, thanks and hope you're feeling better

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks @Jaylee, just managed it so now there's a conversation going on between Miaomiao and sensor, it's taking quite a while to collect initial readings.
I really appreciated the pics, thanks and hope you're feeling better

Hi,

Yep. Somtimes it can take a while for the MM to pass on the readings. Especially if it's been out of action for a few hours.
It should soon catch up & be in sync.. Then the dots on the graph will appear.

I feel fantastic thanks. My work is outside, landscaping. (For want of a better job description.) great for building stamina.
Who needs a gym.. :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Hi,

Yep. Somtimes it can take a while for the MM to pass on the readings. Especially if it's been out of action for a few hours.
It should soon catch up & be in sync.. Then the dots on the graph will appear.

I feel fantastic thanks. My work is outside, landscaping. (For want of a better job description.) great for building stamina.
Who needs a gym.. :)
Good to hear you're OK. Landscaping sounds intriguing, is that like intelligent and large scale gardening?

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
good morning everyone for some reason phone wont let me post it keeps saying no results found it tells me to enter password then wont do nothing any ideas x

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
good morning everyone for some reason phone wont let me post it keeps saying no results found it tells me to enter password then wont do nothing any ideas x
The forum acted up about 1 and a half hour ago for me, but it seems to be back to normal now.
Is it working again for you too?

RVW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The app went down for me as well so i deleted it and reinstalled the app and it’s working again now.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
The forum acted up about 1 and a half hour ago for me, but it seems to be back to normal now.
Is it working again for you too?
no on my mobile its telling me i do not have permission to reply to the thread but is fine on my laptop.

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, was just coming home from a local market when I saw three friends, neighbours, with time off so they're working on the garden belonging to one of them. Stopped to say hello, was offered a cup of tea in the garden, said yes and the rest of the morning vanished! I like serendipity :happy: hope you all find some in your day.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
no on my mobile its telling me i do not have permission to reply to the thread but is fine on my laptop.
Do you use the app on your phone or your browser?

edit: never mind, I see you solved the issue already :)

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
Brilliant news, I've managed to reinstall xdrip, bad news is, it isn't connecting, well it wasn't until someone on xdrip gave me a possible solution Yey, up and running with dotty lines
Roll on getting Libre 2...................... self funding!!! imagine lots of sweary words here
Hostas in, hollyhocks in, off to the chemist and then back to plant beans and courgettes.
Hope everyone's well and thumbs up to @urbanracer

Last edited: