My sugr app estimate a1c.

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
Hi. Can anyone tell me if they have logged their bloods on the above app and if the estimated a1c was anywhere near their actual one. I am praying mine is. I have been v careful with only 2/3 which were not so good ; an 11 and a 9 and a 10 2 hrs after something I now kno I cannot eat. Thanks. X
Mine estimates me at 5.7 % which if true is fantastic. X.

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
Hi. Can anyone tell me if they have logged their bloods on the above app and if the estimated a1c was anywhere near their actual one. I am praying mine is. I have been v careful with only 2/3 which were not so good ; an 11 and a 9 and a 10 2 hrs after something I now kno I cannot eat. Thanks. X
Mine estimates me at 5.7 % which if true is fantastic. X.
If that works (and I don't have a phone to try it) then it's great news Su! You are really doing fantastic. Well done x

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ll post a screen shot of my most recent lab results versus the MySugr estimate on the day my blood was taken. MySugr has always been lower but it all depends how many finger pricks you record in MySugr. I generally record fasting then before and two hours after random meals, so I’m never catching any spikes as I just like to see that I don’t have an extended high after eating. NB I have MySugr set to display mmol/mol.

D895548E-8CDB-4DBF-B4A1-E6AE26ACD7FB.jpeg

Reactions: EllieM

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
If that works (and I don't have a phone to try it) then it's great news Su! You are really doing fantastic. Well done x
Thank you. X

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
I’ll post a screen shot of my most recent lab results versus the MySugr estimate on the day my blood was taken. MySugr has always been lower but it all depends how many finger pricks you record in MySugr. I generally record fasting then before and two hours after random meals, so I’m never catching any spikes as I just like to see that I don’t have an extended high after eating. NB I have MySugr set to display mmol/mol.

View attachment 51111
Thank you. So with a bit of luck mine will b in the high 40’s (my sugr saying 5.7). I will still b happy with that from 50. I’ll let you all kno in November. X

OB87

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
For me, I found the my sugr app was abit generous, I found the one at doctors was abit higher than my sugr. I couldn't help feel abit disappointed even though my reading was in normal range. But it wasn't far off so I'm sure you will still be in the normal range which is great

SuNuman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being diabetic lol.
For me, I found the my sugr app was abit generous, I found the one at doctors was abit higher than my sugr. I couldn't help feel abit disappointed even though my reading was in normal range. But it wasn't far off so I'm sure you will still be in the normal range which is great
Thank you. I did think it was a but too good to b true lol. I will tell you in November. X

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

The mySugr app when I gave it a go was sketchy. I was right to be sceptical..
I use the Diabetes connect app. Which estimates consistently around 15% higher than what comes back from the lab?
It probably depends how accurate the meter is that you are logging too.. Mine reads 15% higher than a calibrated nurse's NHS issue..
Incidentally, my sensors are within 0.6mmol of my meter so all in all I tend not to shrimp about what's expected from the official A1c report.