best blood sugar remote sensor

sterling214

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Soaps reality tv
can anyone using the remote sensors recommend a good reliable one. I am type 2 with terrible sugar levels around 15 in the mornings. I have a friend using Libre 2, and they get their's on prescription. Using the stick on around 7-10 days..

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Unfortunately, most CGMs (continuous glucose monitors) like Libre, are calibrate for accuracy with "normal numbers".
If your levels are in the teens, you will not find any CGM is accurate for you although you may find it useful for tracking trends.

Just like finger pricking, LIbre and other CGMs just measure your blood sugars. They do not change them.
What treatment are you using to reduce your blood sugars?

sterling214

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Soaps reality tv
Unfortunately, most CGMs (continuous glucose monitors) like Libre, are calibrate for accuracy with "normal numbers".
If your levels are in the teens, you will not find any CGM is accurate for you although you may find it useful for tracking trends.

Just like finger pricking, LIbre and other CGMs just measure your blood sugars. They do not change them.
I am on trulicity, humalog

sterling214

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Soaps reality tv

glicazide 4 a day, sukarto 4 a day, trulicity 1 a week, humalog 60 3 x day, toujeo 80 at night.

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
While it may not be desperately accurate at a level of 15, it still shouldn't be too bad (probably). The libre 2 is the most cost effective cgm in the Uk but the NHS is pretty reluctant to prescribe it ti T2s (unless you have CF, are on dialysis or have a learning disability) though I believe they may be about to change the prescribing guidelines. You should be able to get a free two week trial from Abbott though, and you could see how well it works for you.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. My Libre 2 is pretty accurate right up to 20 when I compare with a test strip. From the figures you give I wonder whether you have high insulin resistance due to excess weight? If so you need to have a low-carb diet if you are not already doing that. BTW the Libre 2 is lower cost than the other popular Decom G6 sensor. The latter is a true CGM whereas the Libre needs you to touch the sensor to get a reading. I suspect you will find it impossible as aT2 to get a sensor on the NHS. I self-fund and it's £100/mth for the Libre 2.

clare56

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
can anyone using the remote sensors recommend a good reliable one. I am type 2 with terrible sugar levels around 15 in the mornings. I have a friend using Libre 2, and they get their's on prescription. Using the stick on around 7-10 days..
Hi, I’m halfway through a free trial of Libre 2, which I’m finding very useful for spotting when and sometimes why my blood sugar is rising. I had a coaching session yesterday - also free - which was also good. I’m going to be trying different combinations of food to see how it affects me, with suggestions and monitoring by the coach.
I think this is a great tool in controlling my diabetes 2, and I would like to continue with it after the trial, preferably with an nhs prescription.