Not sure this is worth it

AngelSix60008

It has been a month and three days since my diagnosis. I am already tired of this ****. If my legs aren't cramping; the neurological damage in my feet and legs is torturing me ( This is my second go round with damaged nerves as I shattered a glass in my hand when I fell in college 30 years back) I wake up in screaming pain. Then we add the medicine ( who knows which one) ripping up my stomach. Water makes it worse chicken broth helps some but the doctor doesn't like the solution. (Like if he had a solution I could understand but he doesn't so I feel he should shut up . )Then we have the sugar which won't stay down if I eat and the only way to hit 6 is starving and still taking the pills. I just am so done. And we haven't even gotten to the cataracts and glaucoma. So I am half blind can barely walk and can't eat. Anyone want to convince me it gets better cause I now know why my grandmother said fxxx it and did what she wanted.

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There is the thing called the quality vs the quantity of life. A comedian said that no matter what you do you won't live to be 150, it'll just feel like it.

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When I was taking the Atorvastatin and Metformin my whole body hurt, my muscles took 18 months to stop hurting and cramping and my joints to feel normal.
Luckily I did not act on the suicidal impulses but ditched the medication. I lasted 5 weeks, by the way.
These days I have steak, or pork or salmon for breakfast, along with a varied selection of low carb additions and I'm classed as in remission - plus my GP hasn't spoken to me in the last 5 years - perhaps sulking?
I'm not the only one to have found that it was the tablets causing them problems

Fenn

Type of diabetes
Type 1.5
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, I am so in a similar place but many years on from diagnosis, does it get better? Yes! After two months we get to eat whatever we like, we get perfect numbers and win the lottery twice a month but don’t actually have to buy a ticket because our diabetic team give us the winning tickets on prescription, the only down side is we become terrible liars with even worse sense of humors, or maybe that’s just me?

Keep your chin up! Yeah it sucks sorry.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
I dont know your back story, but I can tell you how I felt at diagnosis and what I did.

I felt so rough I thought it must be cancer I had. I could not see properly, leg cramps, head aches, blisters a feeling of impending doom. I had convinced myself death was within weeks away.

I decided to fight. My HbA1c was 134, and glucose 20 plus. I tried my best to remove sugar and walked (I thought if I am going out it will be with a fight). Walking was painful, but my numbers were down 20% within a week.

As I educated myself I got better and better and realised pain was going, HBA1c was decreasing and I was getting fitter and healthier - maybe I could survive. 6 years of remission later I am strong and fit and my focus is on what I can achieve in the gym. The price worth every penny, no rubbish food, just Ketovore meals and the optional (but optimal for me exercise ( some get by fine just on the diet)).

You are the same age as me, I had some many complications and now have none, you have just as much a chance assuming I have not missed something within your make up that could stop you progressing.