What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
He was thanks @Krystyna23040
I stored them in different clouds. I never put all my storage in one cloud...
So, when I check the different clouds out, I get a new surprise each time!
@gennepher my Kindle fire flags up pictures I have taken on that day in years past which are stored on my computer and in the cloud. I have no idea how it does it but it is a lovely surprise seeing long forgotten photos.

I really must do what you have done and back them all up in the cloud.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a damp squib of a start here in Birmingham
A leisurely and uneventful journey down here yesterday as the day brightened up and an afternoon of messing about in the garden with the Ninky Nonks and Little Miss Pamplemouse. As expected a smashing Thai dinner - no sugar in mine as is their want but delicious nevertheless. Pass the fish sauce. Probably going out for a late breakfast this morning and then whatever comes along.
A very quickly sketched tree this morning. Have a great day if you can. Now on the hunt for koffy.

upload_2022-5-8_6-50-48.jpeg

Reactions: SlimLizzy

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and happy Sunday to you all.
A very surprising 6.9 this morning, my evening meal yesterday was steak pie and mash with lashings of gravy. Potatoes and pastry a guaranteed way to raised my blood sugars.
Well fellow posters and painters my task list for today is complete, but who knows how the day will run.
Thankfully Mr Shed man and his helper were safe and did a good job on the top shed roof. @ianpspurs was concerned. It’s also good to read @dunelm made the journey down to Birmingham after his tremendous back problems a couple of months ago.
That’s it from me, me’s and myself today, have a great and safe day all.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
An interesting 4.5 this morning. Have no idea why.

We will do a gentle walk around Gooderstone Water today as a long walk around National Trust parkland probably wouldn't be good for Archie as he had a tummy upset this week. We can gently wander around and relax in the sunshine on the many benches scattered around the gardens overlooking the little lakes.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So lovely to read that the BBCat really trusts you @gennepher. .The cat (and bird) diner is really going well. Hopefully it isn't costing you a small fortune.
It is thanks @Krystyna23040
I need another expedition to find more cat food. There was absolutely no pet food in my local shop yesterday. But I will be passing the same shop in England next week. And I have found they usually have stock in when the Welsh one doesn't. They don't have Internet ordering, but their stuff is a cheap price.. My usual cat pate, they all like (birds and cats) subscribe and save one on Amazon is now out of stock, unavailable. I am just working up the price scale...so I don't need to get a second mortgage...

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
An interesting 4.5 this morning. Have no idea why.

We will do a gentle walk around Gooderstone Water today as a long walk around National Trust parkland probably wouldn't be good for Archie as he had a tummy upset this week. We can gently wander around and relax in the sunshine on the many benches scattered around the gardens overlooking the little lakes.
sounds the ideal day @Krystyna23040

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A very surprising 6.9 this morning, my evening meal yesterday was steak pie and mash with lashings of gravy. Potatoes and pastry a guaranteed way to raised my blood sugars.
Well fellow posters and painters my task list for today is complete, but who knows how the day will run.
Thankfully Mr Shed man and his helper were safe and did a good job on the top shed roof. @ianpspurs was concerned. It’s also good to read @dunelm made the journey down to Birmingham after his tremendous back problems a couple of months ago.
That's good @alf_Josiah Mr Shed man and helper sorting the shed roof.
You have a great day!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher my Kindle fire flags up pictures I have taken on that day in years past which are stored on my computer and in the cloud. I have no idea how it does it but it is a lovely surprise seeing long forgotten photos.

I really must do what you have done and back them all up in the cloud.
That might be a good idea @Krystyna23040

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a damp squib of a start here in Birmingham
A leisurely and uneventful journey down here yesterday as the day brightened up and an afternoon of messing about in the garden with the Ninky Nonks and Little Miss Pamplemouse. As expected a smashing Thai dinner - no sugar in mine as is their want but delicious nevertheless. Pass the fish sauce. Probably going out for a late breakfast this morning and then whatever comes along.
A very quickly sketched tree this morning. Have a great day if you can. Now on the hunt for koffy.

View attachment 54459
Brilliant @dunelm
I love the way you do colour with this tree series....
I am glad the journey worked well and you are having a good time.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

It was really hot yesterday. Although my garden thermometer said it was 20C, it felt much more hotter than that, I couldn't stay out in that heat, the sun was burning. Even the cats and the birds went to ground and I didn't see any of them the rest of the day.

So I was a bit worried last night, because even Shadow didn't come for her supper. But this morning everything is back to normal. It's nice and cool. Shadow had her breakfast first, and now the rest of the cats and also all the different birds are having breakfast as well. Mr Heffalump is stuffing his crop with every peanut I put out on the tiny bird table. The only problem is with the Heffalumps on the bird table (an old uplighter from my front room) is that it is now listing port side, and it is in need of even more stabilisation and support...

Yesterday morning, BBCat was asleep on the corner of the garage roof. It was really warm and he was enjoying the morning's warmth. Then I noticed Shadow creeping up on him. Shadow sat there for a while. BBCat was aware Shadow was there, his eyes were wide open, but he didn't turn around. After half an hour Shadow left. Then BBCat looked around to see when Shadow had gone, and he went back to sleep again. But the day got hotter and BBCat left for somewhere cooler.

Creative this morning is the yellow Archangel, and the star in the centre is from a tiny bit of the Russian Comfrey.

Refill of coffee needed, and refill of that cat diner.

Have a great day!

image.jpeg

Reactions: SlimLizzy

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @alf_Josiah - my back is much better than it was a couple of months ago. Enjoy your new shed roof.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant @dunelm
I love the way you do colour with this tree series....
I am glad the journey worked well and you are having a good time.
Thank you @gennepher - we are all off out to the metropolis of Solihull in a while just as soon as the battle of getting three small people dressed is won.

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning/afternoon/whenever to you all from a sunny but too breezy for proper warmth day here. May 8th 2013 was warm and unforgettable since both my parents died that day. The plan today is to visit, tidy, then place flowers and plants on their grave. Easier said than done without painkillers and seat fiddling for "an issue with my sacrum" which can now make car journeys "difficult" I discovered on Friday. I need to talk to my GP about functional painkillers. Eventually managed the issue on the way home from yesterday's trip. I'm assuming #sacrumgate is behind the complete waste of time Elsie appears to be currently. An fbg of 6.6 is a disaster but obviously not the same as "events" 9 years ago. @Jojo85 have a wonderful Mothers Day Aus style. @dunelm thanks for the art and enjoy more time with your family. @Krystyna23040 see, your body delivered when it mattered so enjoy the walk, coffee and sausage roll if available. @alf_Josiah I'm grateful for the good news on #shedman and assistant, much obliged for the update. Assuming all goes well we plan to celebrate my parents life by fully appreciating and giving glory to God for the sights, sounds, air and general beauty of "my" village and everything they and many other relatives interred there so richly gave me.. If all goes well we will also be acquiring vegetables and meat properly reflecting and celebrating the majesty and wonder of His creation. I don't need any hugs but now would be a good time for your prayers. In God I trust but Elsie has never convinced me even though I will be eating LC and using Swipey since I don't need more problems. Stay safe and be very mindful of the needs of other people.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

It was really hot yesterday. Although my garden thermometer said it was 20C, it felt much more hotter than that, I couldn't stay out in that heat, the sun was burning. Even the cats and the birds went to ground and I didn't see any of them the rest of the day.

So I was a bit worried last night, because even Shadow didn't come for her supper. But this morning everything is back to normal. It's nice and cool. Shadow had her breakfast first, and now the rest of the cats and also all the different birds are having breakfast as well. Mr Heffalump is stuffing his crop with every peanut I put out on the tiny bird table. The only problem is with the Heffalumps on the bird table (an old uplighter from my front room) is that it is now listing port side, and it is in need of even more stabilisation and support...

Yesterday morning, BBCat was asleep on the corner of the garage roof. It was really warm and he was enjoying the morning's warmth. Then I noticed Shadow creeping up on him. Shadow sat there for a while. BBCat was aware Shadow was there, his eyes were wide open, but he didn't turn around. After half an hour Shadow left. Then BBCat looked around to see when Shadow had gone, and he went back to sleep again. But the day got hotter and BBCat left for somewhere cooler.

Creative this morning is the yellow Archangel, and the star in the centre is from a tiny bit of the Russian Comfrey.

Have a great day!

View attachment 54461
Enjoy your koffy. Lovely Archangel kaleidoscope- do you use the plant in salads and soups?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Have a great day!

View attachment 54461
@gennepher my 92 yo MIL is in Wales and we had a lovely picture of her and our granddaughter sitting in a hot tub basking in the sun. Thanks be to God. Thanks be to you for another wonderful kaleidoscope and more tales of the wildlife you love.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/afternoon/whenever to you all from a sunny but too breezy for proper warmth day here. May 8th 2013 was warm and unforgettable since both my parents died that day. The plan today is to visit, tidy, then place flowers and plants on their grave. Easier said than done without painkillers and seat fiddling for "an issue with my sacrum" which can now make car journeys "difficult" I discovered on Friday. I need to talk to my GP about functional painkillers. Eventually managed the issue on the way home from yesterday's trip. I'm assuming #sacrumgate is behind the complete waste of time Elsie appears to be currently. An fbg of 6.6 is a disaster but obviously not the same as "events" 9 years ago. @Jojo85 have a wonderful Mothers Day Aus style. @dunelm thanks for the art and enjoy more time with your family. @Krystyna23040 see, your body delivered when it mattered so enjoy the walk, coffee and sausage roll if available. @alf_Josiah I'm grateful for the good news on #shedman and assistant, much obliged for the update. Assuming all goes well we plan to celebrate my parents life by fully appreciating and giving glory to God for the sights, sounds, air and general beauty of "my" village and everything they and many other relatives interred there so richly gave me.. If all goes well we will also be acquiring vegetables and meat properly reflecting and celebrating the majesty and wonder of His creation. I don't need any hugs but now would be a good time for your prayers. In God I trust but Elsie has never convinced me even though I will be eating LC and using Swipey since I don't need more problems. Stay safe and be very mindful of the needs of other people.
Hugs with prayers included @ianpspurs for today x

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Enjoy your koffy. Lovely Archangel kaleidoscope- do you use the plant in salads and soups?
Thank you.

No, not yet, but when I moved here 20 years ago @dunelm I thought the apocalypse would arrive pretty soon, but I was hoping it would be after I had flown into the skies....

But in the event of the apocalypse arriving before that date, everything I planted in my garden 20 years ago had an eating/medicinal/herb use. I have a bookcase of the free food herb books (no internet for me then) and other books which J bought me saying the old skills would be needed one day...

I have explored and used quite a lot of the edible type plants, but not the dead nettles yet - I have yellow, white, and purple dead nettle.

The only exception I have made to not edible things are daffodils - the colour cheers me so much in Spring, and wild bluebells, and snowdrops. Or there are quite a few things (mostly edible) growing courtesy of birds and other seed carrying beasts.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher my 92 yo MIL is in Wales and we had a lovely picture of her and our granddaughter sitting in a hot tub basking in the sun. Thanks be to God. Thanks be to you for another wonderful kaleidoscope and more tales of the wildlife you love.
She is doing really well @ianpspurs
Thank you for the compliments :)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.35am FBG 5.9
9.30am FBG 6.4, eek DP better eat something.
A surprise visit from a french neighbour this morning has left me feeling hopeful about my French as most of the conversation was in that language. I feel privileged to be asked to adopt the more intimate "tu" in conversation with this lady, who insists I address her husband in the same way.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
8.35am FBG 5.9
9.30am FBG 6.4, eek DP better eat something.
A surprise visit from a french neighbour this morning has left me feeling hopeful about my French as most of the conversation was in that language. I feel privileged to be asked to adopt the more intimate "tu" in conversation with this lady, who insists I address her husband in the same way.
Well done.