Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi All .

Given that we can sometimes reach out for a nibble if feeling bored,low,depressed,angry,upset etc...

I have to distract myself and get active doing other things !
Find it takes my mind of it . . .

Like crocheting , reading, art/crafts , gardening [weather permitting!] cleaning/chores in home etc
It works for me :)

Wondering what other folk 'do' to prevent a nibble or the nibbles ?

Last edited by a moderator:

cath99

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
rude d/n nurses and being treated like im wierd because im diabetic
i come on here and try to read the storys to remind myself how lucky i am , but like you im a nibbler thats the worst thing to do i think, but if i av to give in its cheese :(

Reactions: 6 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
my nibbling time is night time when i would have traditionally eaten the massive bar of fruit and nut chased down with 6 packets of crisps, i have recently been holding out and having my pudding (jelly and cream) as late as possible to cure the late night munchies :) theres always the faithful 85% as a fall back

Reactions: 10 people

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
My treat of choice is ice cream which is actually not too bad carb wise. If I start to feel weak and the hob nobs start calling me I get on my rower for half hour.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ani010

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Having to take so many medications, having little energy.
My best friend living so far away in scotland.
Bloody go government benifit changes that help scroungers and not those who really need help.
Ive found that options begian hot chocolate eases choccy craving and ive switched from ice cream to angel delight light. Mmm yummy :-D xxx

Reactions: 2 people

FatGenes999

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Smug health care professionals; pretense, pomposity and presumptuousness; people who have a disregard for other people's health and safety; being "fenced-in"; arbitrary authority; nonsensical rules; political correctness; stupidity that masquerades as profundity.
I know this doesn't sound too exciting taste-bud wise, but, I am trying to short-circuit cravings by using my special spirulina/spice mixture, and coconut oil.
Also, apple cider vinegar cuts my cravings for sugar/carbs.
When I go shopping I do intend on buying some full-fat cheese, though. :hungry:yum!
I'm also going to go back to making my sugar-free hot chocolate using Stevia and cinnamon for sweetening, along with milk. :hungry::hungry::hungry:

pavlosn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I allow myself a snack between each meal and one after dinner:

Favorite guilt free snacks:
- Raw artichoke. Try peeling each "petal" away and eat the edible bid of "heart" at the end. Once all petals are pealed remove the the "needle/cotton" part and eat the heart. An a added advantage is that the snack lasts a long time. If you can not manage a whole artichoke in one go, spread some lemon juice on the part ysave for later to prevent blackening.
-Raw Kolhlarabi sticks - lovely aniseed flavor which goes well with some lemon (I do like my lemons!)
- My all time favorite: plain strained Greek yoghurt with some frozen raspberries and /or blueberries with a sprinkling of toasted seeds such as linseed or sunflower

janewatt

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"My all time favorite: plain strained Greek yoghurt with some frozen raspberries and /or blueberries with a sprinkling of toasted seeds such as linseed or sunflower"

Mine too!
I often add sprinkling of cinnamon and chopped nuts too.
really creamy luxurious taste. Great for dessert or snack everyday.

Jane.

Reactions: 2 people

FatGenes999

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Smug health care professionals; pretense, pomposity and presumptuousness; people who have a disregard for other people's health and safety; being "fenced-in"; arbitrary authority; nonsensical rules; political correctness; stupidity that masquerades as profundity.
Yeah, artichokes! I grew up eating them, as some of my ancestry is Mediterranean. Both of my grandmothers made artichokes. I'll use the oven-baked recipe that doesn't call for bread-crumbs.

Greek yogurt is terrific.

I can no longer handle any kind of sugar, hydrogenated oils, and other "industrial" processed oils like soybean, rapeseed, sunflower etc., so
I'll be getting some more of the natural, sugar-free, peanut butter soon. (The problem will be STOPPING after one of two spoonfuls.:angelic:) Peanut butter with celery is a great combo.

Personally, for me, these choices don't lack anything in the area of pleasure, its just a matter of discipline and patience.

I'm not new to any of this, it's just that now there's another good reason added on, that being an actual diagnosis of diabetes.

S

Sable_Jan

Never tried artichokes - just "thinking" of doing a few minutes on my cross trainer - defo can't eat while on there.
My current favourite nibble is red-skinned peanuts mixed with a handful of dried fruit
Just wondering where I can get sugar free peanut butter from - I forgot it had sugar in it to be honest so I'm glad that you mentioned it
Jan

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
holland and barret

th

Reactions: 4 people

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Annoyingly I was travelling most of today and as a result of not being able to find enough low carb food on my travels I ate a lot more carbs than I would usually have, now got the most terrible munchies. Will try the peanut butter and hope that works

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hawnet

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
judgemental people, billy liars,
make the dark chocolate cakes or nutty things in the recipe section. Sugar free marshmallows, almonds, joya with sweetener and some blueberries and flax seed

Ricky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Am finding Superdrug's Slim gum is stopping me nibbling when I am not really hungry but want something in my mouth.It's very minty It contains Green coffee bean extract, Green tea extractm L Carnitine, Chromium, Thiamin, Biotin and unfortunately naughty disgusting aspartame - why not Xylitol!!

douglas99

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi All .

Given that we can sometimes reach out for a nibble if feeling bored,low,depressed,angry,upset etc...

I have to distract myself and get active doing other things !
Find it takes my mind of it . . .

Like crocheting , reading, art/crafts , gardening [weather permitting!] cleaning/chores in home etc
It works for me :)

Wondering what other folk 'do' to prevent a nibble or the nibbles ?

Yep, just don't do it.
If I don't need to eat, I open the fridge door, and close it again.
Find something else to do.

FatGenes999

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Am finding Superdrug's Slim gum is stopping me nibbling when I am not really hungry but want something in my mouth.It's very minty It contains Green coffee bean extract, Green tea extractm L Carnitine, Chromium, Thiamin, Biotin and unfortunately naughty disgusting aspartame - why not Xylitol!!

"why not Xylitol!!"
Yes, I've read good stuff about Xylitol, especially about it stabilizing blood glucose. I'll be getting some in bulk form at my local natural food store.