If you only could.....

Pollylocks

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Not many.
....I love all your posts, they're almost, well almost, as good as eating your suggestions.....Kat100 I forgot about cakes, there's a lovely cake shop near me, I think I'd go for any kind of cake as long as it has a thick layer of butter icing on it...:happy:

Reactions: 5 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
ummm butter icing <---- goes into a trance and heads for the kitchen

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
but I had roast beef, roast potatoes and yorkshire pudding last weekend. I consider that low GI because of all the fat ;) and I only peaked at 5.5 so seems good for me. Although the hot fudge sundae I didnt do just replaced that with a coconut and almond flour muffin with a scope of vanilla pod ice cream. For my second pudding I went and swam a km

So you have to think of something much more extravagant.

How about a pack of crumpets with butter dripping through them or english muffins with apricot jam just oozing out of them or even apricot crumble and custard and follow it will have to be bread and butter pudding made from Andy's left over white bread

OK. I'll have three crumpets for my day 2 brekkie!

Well, I just put down the meals I would like there and then...and yes to my surprise, I found out that they weren't completely bad. But crisps and chocolate are a definite 'no' for me, because why would I stop at 2 packs and 1 bar?!:)

Last edited by a moderator:

dawnmc

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
depends how big the pack is (family pack and a kilogram bar)

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
we once had a sponsored challenge in the office for a girl I worked with to eat a kilogram bar of cadbury's dairy milk in a working day. we all sponsored her so much a cube (from memory it averaged to eating one cube every 5 minutes). She struggled but finally managed it but told us she was unable to sleep for 2 days as she was bouncing off the walls - I now wonder how high her numbers would have been lol. We do silly things in our youth

Janiept

Expert
Oooo, just about everything that you guys have mentioned.
Top of the list has to be crusty white bread and chips though.
****, where's that bib...

Reactions: 2 people

andcol

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
It is interesting I used to love my bread, always said I couldn't live without it; but actually I don't miss it at all. It is weird because I eat a far more tasty and varied diet than I used to so may be that is why I don't crave things I used to have or may be it is my brain as it knows I won't give in. Or is it may be because I still eat chips regularly (shock horror) but only 100g ish at a time (about 6 big chunky chips)

Interesting though that I just watched my daughter eating a bowl of cornflakes in ice cold milk and I really wanted some. Don't think it was the cornflakes more the milk. I have been depriving myself of this wonder substance with just 1/4 pint in morning so I would like to add

Large glass of ice cold milk to drink alongside the white bread, with roast beef, apricot crumble and chips to go in the bread

Reactions: 3 people

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd like a nice big Cornish pasty followed by rhubarb crumble with lots of custard and a lbig slice of lardy cake with my coffee afterwards. Thanks. Oh, and I've discovered that the fat in a lardy cake slows down the absorbtion of te carbs and allows me to have a small slice every now and then. Yummy.

Reactions: 3 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
we once had a sponsored challenge in the office for a girl I worked with to eat a kilogram bar of cadbury's dairy milk in a working day. we all sponsored her so much a cube (from memory it averaged to eating one cube every 5 minutes). She struggled but finally managed it but told us she was unable to sleep for 2 days as she was bouncing off the walls - I now wonder how high her numbers would have been lol. We do silly things in our youth

lol i used to eat a kilo of dairy milk every night before dx, what a wasted opportunity, i could have cured world hunger with sponsorship.... i wonder why i got db :greedy:

K

Kat100

....I love all your posts, they're almost, well almost, as good as eating your suggestions.....Kat100 I forgot about cakes, there's a lovely cake shop near me, I think I'd go for any kind of cake as long as it has a thick layer of butter icing on it...:happy:
Let's eat cake :) are we in a lovely dream ;) x

Reactions: 2 people

Karbstruck

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
injustice
A vanilla slice. Not the poor quality ones that are called "snot blocks" though. In the past my treat when shopping was to stop for morning tea with a refined version vanilla slice: deliciously sweet, perfectly textured custard encased in a crunchy pastry shell and topped with even sweeter fine icing and washed down with a double shot latte with sugar.

Reactions: 4 people

Beshlie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Deep pan Hawaiian pizza with hot garlic bread, followed by chocolate ice cream - with a cadburys flake crumbled over it. Sardines and salad just aint the same, is it?:confused:

Pass the bib Janiept ;)

mrs gimli

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Racists or hatred. Disrespect for people.
Mines easy chips egg mushy peas and crusty white cobs followed by fresh strawberry cheesecake .oh and I miss jkt pot sooo much.