Parkrun

Mongoose39uk

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sprouts
agony, ive sat around all day, any movement is painful and forget the stairs, i just struggled to asda to try and loosen up, i look like charlie chaplin when i walk lol, i have a huge blister on the side of my second toe that unlike a blister is deep red rather than white, hoping im better tommorow, it feels like having the flu when you ache all over, thinking about it, when i did the 20 mile race i was much better at 20 miles than yesterday, and i did that slower at the start, i suppose there is a good reason everyone says start slow, i could kick myself but it would hurt lol

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Gentle exercise this week and stretch. You will recover quicker the more you rest. I just banged out a 57 min hilly 10k which surprised me but did very little last week

Reactions: 2 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
an incredible thing is happening, my wife keeps talking about doing a marathon :wideyed:

we are talking about the couch to 5k for starters, you would have to know her to know how incredible this statement is, but im dumb struck, parkruns here she comes :) :) :)

Reactions: 5 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Got the grin on your face yet from the "I did it" thoughts yet?

not yet, im still in agony :( i dont seemed to have improved at all from yesterday, i was expecting to wake up feeling much better, but getting up off the chair is a painful roll on to my front then a straight legged push up lol *** i have to go back to work in the morning :eek:

i do feel like im coming back down to earth and i am sitting here wearing my medal lmao so maybe a little :D

Reactions: 4 people

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
not yet, im still in agony :( i dont seemed to have improved at all from yesterday, i was expecting to wake up feeling much better, but getting up off the chair is a painful roll on to my front then a straight legged push up lol *** i have to go back to work in the morning :eek:

i do feel like im coming back down to earth and i am sitting here wearing my medal lmao so maybe a little :D

I know someone else who did it and is back to work today. He's not thrilled! Wants to trade legs lol

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

Reactions: 3 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I know someone else who did it and is back to work today. He's not thrilled! Wants to trade legs lol

Blogging at drivendiabetic.wordpress.com

hehe is it evil to be glad im not the only one? lol

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
Gentle exercise this week and stretch. You will recover quicker the more you rest. I just banged out a 57 min hilly 10k which surprised me but did very little last week

And a really gentle recovery run as soon as you can (although that sounds like it might be a few days away).

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
And a really gentle recovery run as soon as you can (although that sounds like it might be a few days away).

:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

lol, im going to try and mow the grass once the neighbours are definately awake and assuming i have the strength to pull the starter, hopefully that will loosen me up :)

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:

lol, im going to try and mow the grass once the neighbours are definately awake and assuming i have the strength to pull the starter, hopefully that will loosen me up :)

Dude. You run the London Marathon. You don't need to wait for the neighbours to wake up. Do it now in your full running kit wearing your medal.

Reactions: 8 people

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG Thats too funny!! i think i just gave myself a hernia when i read that

Dude. You run the London Marathon. You don't need to wait for the neighbours to wake up. Do it now in your full running kit wearing your medal.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
im trying out a new parkrun saturday "reigate" i wanted to do it before but it wasnt fitting in with my training, but now i can :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I must admit the running is now much more of a pleasure with the m word done with. That and the weather is just right.

it is pressure having it looming for sure, i may even try some zen running (without timing or measuring the distance) i will need a reason to get me up after work though :) too easy to sit and watch the telly me thinks

Bebo321

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
an incredible thing is happening, my wife keeps talking about doing a marathon :wideyed:

we are talking about the couch to 5k for starters, you would have to know her to know how incredible this statement is, but im dumb struck, parkruns here she comes :) :) :)

Yay!! It's much more fun when you have someone to run with - my hubby started first, then I went with him to keep him company and now I'm hooked!

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not that I'm name dropping or anything, but I ran with Paul Sinton Hewitt at Oak Hill this morning!